Tokyo Olympics (Brazil win Gold)

Remove this Banner Ad

The K1 is kayak which has a paddle at both ends of the oar thing and I think is seated.
C1 (today) is canoe which has paddle at just one end and I think they're kneeling in the boat.
K1 is in a kayak and C1 in a canoe. The main differences are the types of paddle used and positioning.
I didn't pay enough attention either time to have picked that up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been going nuts for the last day or so because I saw a facebook post about Wearn winning the gold and that it brought up our 10th gold. I was like nice, no idea who he is and I dont like sailing but I love Australia so was happy for him and all that. Later I checked the medal tally online and it said we had won 9 gold. I was like I'm sure we have 10.

I go back to the facebook post and see it says it's our 10th gold. So then I'm like counting them up and was like yep! 10. Yet still the internet was saying we had only won 9. Didnt change all day. Now we won another gold in the pool and now the internet say we have 10. So now im like, we should have 11.

So then I finally decide to google it to see if something had happened in the sailing, if Wearn had been DQ'd or something.

After two days of confusion I finally found out he hasnt won gold yet as there is still one race to go but mathematically he cant be caught. FML... I was so confused.

Incredible stuff from the girls. These group of swimmers will go down as our greatest ever Olympic team.
Emma McKeon is going to get a key to Wollongong, a statue or a pool named after her or all of the above.

Only tuned in later, but saw the results. Incredible performance. Did I read the caption correctly - she’s the first female athlete to win 7 medals at any Olympic Games ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back