Prediction Tom Barrass for All-Australian 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Foxsports have Barass on the bench in their Final 22.

Fox Footy’s 2022 All-Australian side

B: James Sicily, Steven May, Tom Stewart

HB: Adam Saad, Sam Taylor, Jack Sinclair

C: Andrew Brayshaw, Clayton Oliver, Angus Brayshaw

HF: Jeremy Cameron, Tom Lynch, Shai Bolton

F: Tyson Stengle, Charlie Curnow, Charlie Cameron

FOL: Max Gawn, Lachie Neale, Touk Miller

INT: Mark Blicavs, Patrick Cripps, Christian Petracca, Tom Barrass

Foxsports have Barass on the bench in their Final 22.

Fox Footy’s 2022 All-Australian side

B: James Sicily, Steven May, Tom Stewart

HB: Adam Saad, Sam Taylor, Jack Sinclair

C: Andrew Brayshaw, Clayton Oliver, Angus Brayshaw

HF: Jeremy Cameron, Tom Lynch, Shai Bolton

F: Tyson Stengle, Charlie Curnow, Charlie Cameron

FOL: Max Gawn, Lachie Neale, Touk Miller

INT: Mark Blicavs, Patrick Cripps, Christian Petracca, Tom Barrass
Taylor May TB Sicily Stewart back
Cameron Lynch Curnow forward

I didn't know Woosh was sole selector this year.

Personally think as a full back, man on man, he was better than May.
Haven't looked into the stat's but I dare say he has him covered on the contested and intercepts but May picks up more possession running off and generally having others around him to help with the heavy lifting which helps get the quick possessions.
Obvious bias but I just think Barrass played well early and dominated in the second half of the season.
Tom Stewart had some great patches throughout the year but also had some average performances coupled with a 4 week suspension which I say should put him on the bench.

Personally think as a full back, man on man, he was better than May.
Haven't looked into the stat's but I dare say he has him covered on the contested and intercepts but May picks up more possession running off and generally having others around him to help with the heavy lifting which helps get the quick possessions.
Also May is the no. 1 Melbourne player for kick ins.
See this article in May this year when he had 65 kick ins to this stage of the season.
I don't think it's unreasonably to expect that May probably ended the season with approximately 150 kick ins.
Simple math tells you that if kick ins weren't included May would have substantially less disposals than Barrass this year.

May got the Nod, But will see if he gets on the bench.
I'd have Barass over May any day of the week.

Disappointing that he missed out, would have been a little piece of joy from a season that had very few

That said I watch not even close to enough football to pass judgment of whether or not he was hard done by

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass' season was better than any season that McGovern received AA IMO

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

EP nailed it, he was too inconsistent over the whole season despite how great his last month was

Disappointing that he missed out, would have been a little piece of joy from a season that had very few

That said I watch not even close to enough football to pass judgment of whether or not he was hard done by

Pretty much sums up our season really, when ever there even looked to be a tiny bit of joy coming our way we got slapped straight in the face.😂

Beaten out of the side by brayden ******* maynard....... I guess Barrass will just have to enjoy his Premiership Medal and future Club Captaincy.

Also WTF is Hawkins Captain instead of Cripps, Gawn or Miller.

The second thing has pissed me off for a couple of years. If you aren't even your club captain you can't be AA captain. Hawkins like the Buddy year isn't even apart of his clubs own leadership group. It means he's not in the supposed top 3 leaders within his own club yet he is the AA captain.

Coleman medallist in the Forward pocket instead of at FF.

Charlie Cameron not even making the team. More goals, marks and goal assists than Stengle.

Petracca listed at HFF instead of on the bench in the position Heeney should be on the field.

Fritsch not making the side at all over stengle. He might be a marking forward but he's a small forward who kicked more goals than cameron or stengle and with more goal assists.

Someone also tell me how the * Callum Mills is in the side at HB. Let's just shove another midfielder in the side, not even one who deserves to be in the side in the team instead of someone genuinely playing HB most of the season. Making the side instead of Sicily, Dawson or Luke Ryan.

Brayden Maynard in the AA team, it plumbs new lows.

Late season form wasn’t good enough for the team, despite how amazing that form was.

I was stoked he made the squad but I did think he’d be lucky to make the team given his form early season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back