Opinion Tom Barrass

Remove this Banner Ad

Barass looks incredibly laconic yet gets it done. Knows when to go and when to hang back. Kicking looks a bit hit and miss maybe. Looks to have put on some lbs. A positive for this season for sure. Although if emac gets his groove back this year would rather him.
You think Barrass's kicking looks hit and miss yet you want to bring Emac back once he finds his 'groove' ?

I'd say it's safe to say even in his near AA season Ezys kicking was hit and miss at best . Barrass will not be dethroned . All hail

Barass looks incredibly laconic yet gets it done. Knows when to go and when to hang back. Kicking looks a bit hit and miss maybe. Looks to have put on some lbs. A positive for this season for sure. Although if emac gets his groove back this year would rather him.
heres-what-the-why-dont-we-have-both-girl-looks-l-2-25350-1427494348-1_big.jpg

Emac looks like a skinny full back these days.. I think Barass has him covered for strength if appearance is anything to go by

I noticed Emas body had downsized ...maybe they wanted less pressure on his knees

eMac was a big man two years ago and now doesn't look anything like that now

A year out of the game has made it tough for eMac ....I'm not sure he will get back to the player he was but I think he can be serviceable

But right now if everyone is availbale eMac misses ..Barrass, Gov and Schofield is enough talls because Hurn and shep play taller than they are. ......is eMac trade material or do we need him as a back up

I suspect he wouldn't be traded but I'm not sure he's going to want to be playing for east Perth next year

I do think eMac will bounce back

I noticed Emas body had downsized ...maybe they wanted less pressure on his knees

A year out of the game has made it tough for eMac ....I'm not sure he will get back to the player he was but I think he can be serviceable

But right now if everyone is availbale eMac misses ..Barrass, Gov and Schofield is enough talls because Hurn and shep play taller than they are. ......is eMac trade material or do we need him as a back up

I suspect he wouldn't be traded but I'm not sure he's going to want to be playing for east Perth next year

Browns pipes are noticeably smaller also .

Browns pipes are noticeably smaller also .

I wonder if our gameplan in defense requires players to be more nimble ....we stand off our opponents and use speed to shut down space (the web) ...quickness in that type of defense is far more important than Strength/size

I think eMac has struggled with our gameplan ....think about it

He's played footy a certain way for ten years or so ...missed a year through injury and all of a sodden he's asked to change

I think we were playing some web in 2014 also so it's not totally forgein

Unlearning of you like ....a certain skill or way of playing is bloody hard to do ...ask a golfer to change his swing at is an example

I don't watch any WAFL at all ...do East Perth play a web style defense or something similar at all?

Yep, looks noticeably weaker and less imposing. Personally not a fan of this, loved it when Schoey bulked up. We looked physically more imposing last year.

I wonder if our gameplan in defense requires players to be more nimble ....we stand off our opponents and use speed to shut down space (the web) ...quickness in that type of defense is far more important than Strength/size

I think eMac has struggled with our gameplan ....think about it

He's played footy a certain way for ten years or so ...missed a year through injury and all of a sodden he's asked to change

I think we were playing some web in 2014 also so it's not totally forgein

Unlearning of you like ....a certain skill or way of playing is bloody hard to do ...ask a golfer to change his swing at is an example

I don't watch any WAFL at all ...do East Perth play a web style defense or something similar at all?
From what i've seen that try to emulate (poorly) WCE as much as possible.

My concern with Mackenzie is always when the ball hits the ground.
Despite having lost weight and presumably becoming more agile he isn't nimble enough and usually gets beaten.
I'm reminded of that goal by Pavlich against us earlier in the year.
I know that the rules had changed and Mackenzie couldn't rush the ball over the boundary, however, as soon as the ball hit the ground Pavlich had the ascendancy and snapped that incredible goal.

Emac pre injury wasnt a bull either. For kpf he was tall guy with lean muscle and was strong for his size. He was strong to go toe to toe with a cloke or hawkins in a 1v1 and had enough agility and speed to go with a buddy. He has lost a lot of weight this year but thats because of his knee. But i dont expect emac to back his 2013/14 physique. He will be a couple of kgs lighter than that. It will take another year for his agility to improve.

Emac pre injury wasnt a bull either. For kpf he was tall guy with lean muscle and was strong for his size. He was strong to go toe to toe with a cloke or hawkins in a 1v1 and had enough agility and speed to go with a buddy. He has lost a lot of weight this year but thats because of his knee. But i dont expect emac to back his 2013/14 physique. He will be a couple of kgs lighter than that. It will take another year for his agility to improve.
To me the arms and shoulders look noticeably smaller as well as the quads. Not saying he was a tank, but he's definitely smaller/lighter.

To me the arms and shoulders look noticeably smaller as well as the quads. Not saying he was a tank, but he's definitely smaller/lighter.
Yep both brown and him are a lot smaller. Even chest is a lot smaller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep both brown and him are a lot smaller. Even chest is a lot smaller.
With Brown I can definitely understand - he's had a history of leg issues and starting being lighter would be something to definitely look at for his longevity. Perhaps it is just that for EMac - start off light with the knee, build it up and then bulk up again next offseason.

With Brown I can definitely understand - he's had a history of leg issues and starting being lighter would be something to definitely look at for his longevity. Perhaps it is just that for EMac - start off light with the knee, build it up and then bulk up again next offseason.
Yeah it also do with his agility. His agility atm would be worse than when he was 10 or sp kgs heaviers. He will be under a 100kgs next year. Because of our zone defence he will have to be light and nimble to cover a wide range of players.

Yeah it also do with his agility. His agility atm would be worse than when he was 10 or sp kgs heaviers. He will be under a 100kgs next year. Because of our zone defence he will have to be light and nimble to cover a wide range of players.
I always felt he had really good agility as a FB, just never as good as he thought. Same goes for his kicking. Yes, he's not in Pav's league, but it was more that enough to keep the bigmen quiet.

Yep, spot on. They obviously both trimmed down to help with their knee rehabilitations. However, the game has also changed rapidly in the past year... big key forwards are also trimming down. I distinctly remember reading an article at the start of the year about how Hawkins from Geelong had shed some weight in an attempt to become more mobile. Their coaching department mentioned that the modern game just doesn't suit the big hulking forward at the moment. If the forwards are trimming down the defenders are going to follow suit to match up on them (or maybe the other way round). So Emac and Brown are probably never going to get back to the size they used to be.

Rested is a polite way of saying dropped.

The football club equivalent of "It's not you, it's me"
Surely he's not being dropped.

Being rested is idiotic enough. That would just be a step too far.

We had a bye just 4 weeks ago

Wtf does he need to be rested for

He's young but it's his 3rd year on the list so he's not a little first year rookie

You guys have to be joking. There is no question Barass will be a good player but he is playing very safely at the moment. Takes the odd good mark and spoils everything else but he is not confident enough yet to attack from the back. eMac has displayed great defensive technique and has attacked from the back line his kicking was suspect on occasion for a very short time but he kicks both feet well. Barass is very much one sided. eMac was all Australian in everybody's opinion but was injured he is a bit off the pace but he needs to build just a bit of confidence and you have a return to all Australian form. He is still playing well even though not at top form but people want to get rid of him....really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back