Weight: 98kg

Games: 51
Goals: 36

15g9q9k.png

nxomzp.png

From Footywire

Last edited:
Carlton's Tom Bell Signs With The Lions

List Manager, Peter Schwab said he was pleased to get the deal done which will see Bell signed for three years.

“We are delighted to get Tom and to bring him back home to Queensland,” said Schwab.

“He had an excellent year in 2015 finishing 4th in the Carlton best and fairest and he’ll add plenty to our footy Club.

“He’s got experience, he’s just starting to hit his peak years and he is a very strong and hard-running player.”

I have a feeling that Ding Dong is going to be one of my favorites. Welcome aboard Tommy!

Peoples, we have a player who grew up barracking for us, the Brisbane Lions!!!!!!!!!!!

How awesome is that??.....and is it a first for us?

On that basis alone, he deserves the red carpet treatment every time he runs out to play:D

....a big thank you to the footy gods for placing this young man back where he belongs.

An article in the HUN about Tom coming home.

...and as Vossy would say...."you little beauty!"

AFL trades 2015: Tom Bell made decision to leave Carlton to be close to family in Brisbane

“I wanted to come home to be near Dad and the whole family,’’ Bell said.

“It is a cliche but it’s true that family comes first. It definitely does.

“Dad is having all his check-ups and is fit as a fiddle. He’s going great now and it’s great to be back here with him.

“I can’t thank Carlton enough for their understanding about me wanting to come home and facilitating the trade.’’

“It’s great to be wearing the jumper of the team I grew up supporting, it’s amazing,’’ Bell said.

“I’ve known Leppa for a fair while now and I definitely looked up to him but I really liked the way Vossy went about his business. He was the player I’ve tried to model my game on.’’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peoples, we have a player who grew up barracking for us, the Brisbane Lions!!!!!!!!!!!

How awesome is that??.....and is it a first for us?

On that basis alone, he deserves the red carpet treatment every time he runs out to play:D

....a big thank you to the footy gods for placing this young man back where he belongs.

An article in the HUN about Tom coming home.

...and as Vossy would say...."you little beauty!"
I think I recall Josh Clayton also barracked for us as a kid but yeah it's great to have people coming to us who actually want to be here. Hopefully Josh Schache will be in that mould too.

Man what are Carlton doing, losing all their talented players (this one an exception due to personal reason). Great to have Bell abroad, makes it easier fitting in having Robinson here already. Gonna be great having both playing for us next year.

Man what are Carlton doing, losing all their talented players (this one an exception due to personal reason). Great to have Bell abroad, makes it easier fitting in having Robinson here already. Gonna be great having both playing for us next year.
Yeah I am excited to see him improve next year. I think he could have a bit of a break out year next year back playing in his home state, entering his 5th year in the AFL system and looking at his upward trajectory form wise throughout his career thus far. He belongs at AFL level.

Tom Bell's Running Ability A Standout

The players took part in several high intensity skill drills and a series of challenging sprints around the boundary.

Young midfielder Tom Bell continues to be a standout on the track, not only for his elite running ability, but also for his endurance.

“Belly has come into the Club (from Carlton) and he’s running really well," said midfield coach Simon Black.

“He has great running ability which is a big strength in this game. It’s a good asset for us.”

IMG_6493.jpg

Young midfielder Tom Bell continues to be a standout on the track, not only for his elite running ability, but also for his endurance.

Strange sentence. Can you have 'elite running ability' without having endurance?

Unless by endurance they mean, being able to stick your hand in an ice bucket for ages, or let spiders walk on your face or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back