Past Tom Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

Too soon with that avatar, Beama!
I've had it for about a week! No disrespect obviously haha.

Just excited, he is still young and has loads of talent.

I think it was a fair trade sad to see him go but hope his old man is ok.

Carlton has done this a few times let players go with minimal fuss for family reasons and although at times its hard to justify the trades its nice from a moral perspective.

getting pick 21 for a guy we drafted in the rookie draft is an awesome trade
Getting pick #21 for a guy who came 4th in our B&F is an average trade. But one we had to do.
Will really miss Tom Bell and that big body causing havoc around the ball.
Hope we can draft a suitable replacement with #21.
Best wishes to Tom and thanks so much for all the effort (and he gave plenty) at CFC:):thumbsu:

Getting pick #21 for a guy who came 4th in our B&F is an average trade. But one we had to do.
Will really miss Tom Bell and that big body causing havoc around the ball.
Hope we can draft a suitable replacement with #21.
Best wishes to Tom and thanks so much for all the effort (and he gave plenty) at CFC:):thumbsu:
4th in a best and fairest for a bottom team. He battled hard, he is like an old crash and bash ruck rover. His disposal lets him down after he does all the hard work to get it. Pick 21 is a great get, no way is he worth a pick higher

It's funny how you get to admire some, for the way they perform on the training track and in the 2's a much as for what they do on the main field of battle and in this case, it's hard not to like Tom for the way he went about things.

Needless to say, we'll still find a way to cheer Tom even though he won't be in our colours.....That's the mark of the man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck Tommy. Thanks for giving your all under duress, all class.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sad to see Bell leave, but it was for a good reason. I wish him all the best at Brisbane, and I hope his father is doing well.

I reckon this trade was very good for both teams and it was necessary. Very happy with the outcome.

Glad to add someone with size to balance out our smallish midfield thats for sure, and someone who can spread from the contest.

Overall you're never going to "win" when an established player leaves however overall its a pretty decent trade both ways.

From our point of view we get an established player for a 20 place downgrade which points wise for us isn't much and pick 60 which we weren't' going to be able to use otherwise.

Conversely you picked up pick 21 for Bell and what will probably end up being a 10 place downgrade (maybe even less) given the number of passes/rookie upgrades and academy picks that will fly out the door between 41 and 60. For a player wanting to go home for family reasons its not that bad really, certainly better than we got for our past players leaving.

Just goes to show that there's more to trades than just the raw numbers and that the same picks can have different values to different teams

As someone who has put his career on hold because of family medical issues, I can completely understand Bell wanting to return home to help his dad out.

Good returns or not, both clubs have worked together to help Bell get home and be near family.

Best of luck for the future Tom...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back