Tom Boyd given leave for clinical depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's watch the media all blame social media when they have had an agenda against this guy since day one, same as Travis Cloke and then they pass the buck and blame other people
I have to agree with you there, they hammer a player and walk away as if they had nothing to do with it. Hope Tom gets the help he needs.

He cops so much s**t in the media and online from trolls.

Tom Hawkins has his breakout game, TWO YEARS later than Boyd.

Wayne Carey of all people, writes articles in THEAGE and every second article is about how he's not living up to his number one billing.

Darcy Moore, Paddy McCartin etc are all struggling for form and yet all articles are on him. He cops it 10 times more than anyone else and yet he's probably achieved more than most KPP players his age.

Get well soon Tom.

GO DOGS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately tom will have this media spotlight throughout his whole career.

Hope he can get through it and become a stronger person.
Best wishes

Hope he gets better. Young guy deals with so much pressure.

You will always be a hero of the western bulldogs Tom. There's thousands of us who want to see you do well but most of all we are grateful for what you've done already

What an absolute disaster this year has been, after such a terrific year last year.

I'd like to echo this sentiment. Obviously his wellbeing comes first, but this year has just been shocking for a us. Unable to get any continuity & just when we think we are turning the corner something negative happens.

Get well soon Tommy, we need you :(

Let's watch the media all blame social media when they have had an agenda against this guy since day one, same as Travis Cloke and then they pass the buck and blame other people
Spot on, can not like this enough

Hope flogs like Barrett who have criticised him nonstop pay his ******* medical bills

Hopefully a silver lining that comes from all of these players coming forward, is that it wakes the media and some supporters up to their own grubby natures. The increased awareness of these issue 'should' in theory mean these groups of people are more considerate with how they treat the players.

I think my this just puts into perspective how young these guys are and to win an unexpected premiership has probably had an effect on all of them.
The pressure of being able to back it up, might just be too much for some.

They really need to have a forum to discuss how to put the
fun in spaghetti in football terms far too much of this
around at the moment or was it always there and went
without discussion or was ignored.

Good luck to Tom and Travis for that matter, football is
pretty pissant in relation to life.

Rich, for the very lack of wealth.
In heavens best treasures, peace and health.

Just goes to show that money and success have little bearing on a players mental welfare.

All the best Tomaboyd. Can't wait to see you back in the red, white and blue, at full capacity. Take as long as you need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back