Tom Boyd retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope the bloke is ok

Be interesting to know the rules here around salary cap

And for anyone who ever questions a bloke moving for big money - this is why you should do it

Your professional career is fleeting - your main priority should be yourself and your family's future.

If you are only ever going to be remembered for one game - may as well be ripping apart a GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Hope the bloke is ok

Be interesting to know the rules here around salary cap

And for anyone who ever questions a bloke moving for big money - this is why you should do it

Your professional career is fleeting - your main priority should be yourself and your family's future.

If you are only ever going to be remembered for one game - may as well be ripping apart a GF

Chicken and the egg. A huge pay packet a move to Melbourne of course adds huge pressure. That would have been detrimental to him. Not necessarily the whole story of course.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Geez I hope the kid is okay! Surely he cant be in a good place to call a mid season retirement at 23 (following some serious mental health challenges). Bigger things than football, and fingers crossed those close to him are there for support
Yep it appears at this early stage it was due to his mental health battle that he’s been struggling with

I hope he finds a better balance now moving forward

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Regardless of what else he did or didn’t deliver, was an absolute beast when it ultimately mattered most for the Doggies....they wouldn’t of broken that drought without him.

I wish Tom all the best with his journey moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back