Tom Boyd retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure a lot of thought has been put into this by Tom, so i'm happy for him that he's decided what he thinks is best for him. Hopefully he can get over all of his troubles.

Wouldn't have that grand final without him. Eternally grateful. Absolutely worth the price.

Sad for him. Was so driven early but obviously certain factors take their toll. But this is probably what’s best for him.

He can hold his head high. His name will forever be in gold on the #17 locker at Whitten Oval

Could have sworn he had already retired and was coaching at Collingwood or something. Best wishes regardless

Looks to be the best outcome for all parties involved.

He was worth every cent for arguably the best Grand Final performance ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For various reasons not everyone as able to go on in whatever they do. Talent is only one component. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is what was and forever what could have been.

We only hope what will be brings Tom contentment.

Cya Tom.

Hugely greatful to the kid. Was unbelievable in the GC and should have won the normy. Hope he is ok and if he pops up again in a couple of years at a new club after getting healthy he would have my full support at a nice redemption story. Good luck to him.

That said... and the above is the important bit. The lazy 1.1 million to spend helps next years list as well. Naught might need some of that as they'll come at him if he keeps his form up!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will always be a Bullgod.

Sad news, but he has been struggling with his mental health for some time.

Giving up part of his 2019 contract as well as the last two years of his contract too, and I assume an extra spot in the mid-season draft.

What's with all these high draft picked key forwards failing?

Schace, Boyd, Patton, Mccarthy, Mccartin, Weideman ect.

Might as well do what the Hawks did and pick a key forward late in the draft. Mitchell Lewis will be better than everyone mentioned above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back