Tom Boyd retires

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s lucky there was some bullshit umpiring in the prelim and grand final as otherwise it’s one of the worst deals ever

All the best to him but let’s not pretend it was a great signing

You don't get mental health issues. To a normal person, yes, we could ignore all the bs with social media etc, and most players can do this. But if you have a mental health condition, you can't help it. It's like trying to ignore cancer as it destroys your body. I haven't had serious mental health, but I have had brushes with it. When I had anxiety, hell, rugs rats on nickelodeon could give me anxiety. The point is, it's nothing to do with reality.

Point taken. And i have to admit his situation is completely unique compared to other players who say they have mental issues. It just bugged me that on the radio they were using the "inability to handle expectations and online bullying" line as the major reason. When as i said, the man is a hero with nothing to prove to anyone. I take your point about his insecurities not being founded on reality. Did not consider it. He should have access to the best doctors. May he get himself to a good headspace soon.

Farewell Tom and I hope you move on to have better days. You were part of a demolition mob in late 2016 and should have picked up the Norm Smith looking back on the game once or twice. Thanks to Tom and his mates, I did manage to see a Grand Final win in my life time and I am eternally grateful for that.

You will always be remembered by Doggie fans around the world.

1557989098921.png

He’s lucky there was some ******** umpiring in the prelim and grand final as otherwise it’s one of the worst deals ever

giphy.gif

He’s lucky there was some ******** umpiring in the prelim and grand final as otherwise it’s one of the worst deals ever

Cmon mate thats your saltiness showing. He was a great signing. Helped them break a ******* massive flag drought. Worth every penny and more. Hes achieved more and made doggies fans way more happy than what buddy ever will for the swans. Guess thats why you're so bitter. Lol

What a lot of rubbish, he was a contracted player who has not fulfilled the length of his contract. That ridiculous uncommercial deal was used to prize him out of a fledgling club. The discussions on that deal were going on for months before that trade period. They got their man, he got them a flag but now he’s gone. Tough t***ies, pay the price.
And there were many months of discussions between Ryan Griffen and Leon Cameron, before our captain was prised out of our struggling club. You got your man, we got ours. At the time it looked like you got the best of the deal, now not so much 😀.

Who is "here"? Are YOU the general consensus? The Bulldogs board? BigFooty? He had a good game, but three goals and 14 disposals isn't up there with the great GF performances.
Personally, I thought Boyd's performance was just as good (maybe a smidgen better) than that time Gary Ablett Sr. kicked nine goals in the 1989 Grand Final.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took 8 marks in the GF and kicked 3, one of them a booming 65m to seal the deal. A true premiership hero. Umpires did not mark the ball for him or give him frees for any of his goals. And yet you still come up with the same boring, pathetic drivel. Hilarious for all Bulldog supporters that you are still suffering.

I will forever remember the truly nauseous feeling I had when I heard the news Ryan Griffen wanted out of the Dogs. Coupled with other rumours abounding at the time, I honestly thought my club was on the brink. To be honest it seemed an abyss. Griffen was our captain and had professed eternal love for the Dogs several times over. How bad must things be if he couldn’t bear to be there anymore?

I will also forever remember the feeling I had when I heard the news Tom Boyd wanted in. In an instant; a heartbeat. A realisation that maybe everything would be okay after all. Tom’s main motivation may have been to get back to Melbourne but all I knew is he was willing to play for my club even when the walls seemed to be caving in.

What happened after that is known by all and it certainly is an interesting story. But whilst everyone will recall the Grand Final heroics I think I will remember the day Tom helped breathe life into my club with just as much fondness.

Thanks Tom.

Who is "here"? Are YOU the general consensus? The Bulldogs board? BigFooty? He had a good game, but three goals and 14 disposals isn't up there with the great GF performances.
When a team hasn't won a flag for 62 years and needs a hero to change that, his GF performance was much better than good. I would say his game was outstanding. You may not classify it as one of the great GF performances, but given the circumstances, many would disagree.

The fact that he’s walking away from that sort of money is testament firstly to his character and secondly evidence of just how much s**t he must be going through.

Hopefully the bloke just lives his best life and takes some comfort and satisfaction from delivering in spades for Dogs supporters in the PF and GF.

BB27AC2E-CA6A-4D30-BEB4-81BD7370561E.jpeg 32A13C38-0179-4E5B-9A68-ABB1DE091F52.jpeg 3CF13E53-7530-4EDC-87D8-8F1D248233C6.jpeg 930714D5-C310-4406-B193-2C01E4D2FA2B.jpeg

Sad in a way but he's also 23 years old, has played sport at the elite level, was arguably BOG in an AFL Grand Final that his team won and has already pocketed $1m if not two or three times that amount. So when you put that into perspective life's not all bad. At 23 I think I had a 3 figure bank balance and an U/14s basketball premiership to my name. So, yeah. In 5, 10 years time when we're looking back at the great GFs of the 2010s and talking about Dom Sheed's goal from the pocket, Goddard's mark etc. Boyd will be right up there.

I just hope we don't get the predictable 'Tom Boyd has been playing with Box Hill/Northern Blues/etc. and feels ready for another go at AFL level' this time next year. Doesn't come across nearly as snakey in character as Mitch Clark, though.

Farewell Tom and I hope you move on to have better days. You were part of a demolition mob in late 2016 and should have picked up the Norm Smith looking back on the game once or twice. Thanks to Tom and his mates, I did manage to see a Grand Final win in my life time and I am eternally grateful for that.

You will always be remembered by Doggie fans around the world.

View attachment 674889
Those Western Bulldogs fans in Reykjavik, Milwaukee, Ghent, and Spain will certainly be pondering today.

I hope you don't have children with your lack of a moral compass. Turning this young man's horrible condition into a platform to start a pissing contest.

Don't breed.

Mate, Tippett’s full deal has gone against their cap.

Ah, pretty sure it wasn't the full deal.

https://theswansblog.com/2018/01/24...k-into-the-free-agency-market-at-seasons-end/

Fortunately for the Swans and Kurt Tippett, his injury wasn't career ending, allowing both parties to negotiate a reduced figure on his payout.
“We won’t have to carry his salary for the full term of his three years remaining,” Harley told SEN radio.
“He was contracted for three years prior to that so it certainly won’t be that.” “Injuries have played a part in his decision,” Harley said.
“He had a full ankle reconstruction last year. There are strict definitions around what constitutes career-ending injuries. It means you aren’t able to play and that isn’t what’s happened to Kurt.”
Had it been a career-ending injury, the Swans would have been forced to honour the full amount of his remaining contract, carrying it through the salary cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back