Tom Boyd vs. Jesse Hogan

Boyd vs. hogan

• Boyd (doggies supporter)

• Boyd

• Hogan (Dee's supporter)

• Hogan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit cringeworthy how hungry Stringer is for a goal. It really does look like he drinks his own bathwater.

Well it just cost his team a final hopefully for the WB sake he has his arse booted in.

It's a bit cringeworthy how hungry Stringer is for a goal. It really does look like he drinks his own bathwater.
Oh, he does. But I'd rather he drinks his own bathwater than be some precious wallflower who lacks confidence in himself. We've had too many of those.

Nine times out of ten, the arrogance pays dividends, so I'll never criticise him when it doesn't work out.

Stringers told to do exactly that, take the game on at all costs. Yeah it might * up every now and then but we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are if he didn't play like that.

Stringers told to do exactly that, take the game on at all costs. Yeah it might **** up every now and then but we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are if he didn't play like that.

Your out of the finals because he played like that.

Fair enough its a good philosophy to build by. Just have to add some talent now and your team should be alright.

Throw in Carlisle and get Billings Acres Membury Dunstan McCartin McLenzie Lonie Sinclair Goddard up around 30 games and all be good.

Stringers told to do exactly that, take the game on at all costs. Yeah it might **** up every now and then but we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are if he didn't play like that.

I understand what you're saying, but it appeared to me near the end of the season he was starting to be pretty selfish in his goal kicking attempts. Some were quite unrealistic and he burnt his teammates.

I'm sure he'll get the balance right pretty quickly.

I understand what you're saying, but it appeared to me near the end of the season he was starting to be pretty selfish in his goal kicking attempts. Some were quite unrealistic and he burnt his teammates.

I'm sure he'll get the balance right pretty quickly.

There is a very fine line between selfish and superstar and unfortunately most people have a very short memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think it's a fine line at all. Some superstars were selfish but got away with it because they were so damn good. I don't know if I ever saw Ablett senior pass within 55 of goal.
I don't understand how this is different from what I said.

You kick them and you're lauded, you miss them and you're condemned.

I don't understand how this is different from what I said.

You kick them and you're lauded, you miss them and you're condemned.
Can't really be ****ed arguing it. Ablett kicked a ton of goals blindly snapping from 50, doesn't mean it wasn't selfish and certainly wasn't the best option many, many times.

Not sure Hogan would appreciate the selfishness of a lot of the WB players . Stringer Crameri Bont just don't no the meaning of score assist it seems.

It seems you don't know the meaning of score assists ...

Fun fact, Jake Stringer had 19 goal assists in 2015. 16th in the league and ahead of any StKilda or Melbourne player. He had more scoreboard impact (combined scores and score assists) against top 8 sides than anyone in the league. Number 1

Bonti had 15 goal assists, beaten by 1 player from StKilda and Melbourne

How selfish they are!!! Why won't Jake ever pass!!! How Hogan would hate to play with the damn hogs!!! How will Boyd ever get a pass from them???

Nearly another year on. How do people see this one fairing? Is it still close, or has Jesse Hogan widened the gap?
One is sending his teammate to hospital for teasing him about not getting a game. The other is ranked 7th in the league for contested marks and goals kicked. Hard to split them.

Hoges by the length of the straight.
Boyd does have the size and athletic ability to be a freak but just doesn't impose himself on the contest enough.
Dogs also have many goalkicking mids/smalls so prob don't kick in hope to a target as often as Dees do.

Back