Tom Boyd vs. Jesse Hogan

Boyd vs. hogan

• Boyd (doggies supporter)

• Boyd

• Hogan (Dee's supporter)

• Hogan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd defiently having the last laugh over Jesse Hogans very inpressive Sledge that game at the G that Melbounre Topped the Doggies in round 8 Last year.
I laughed then but im not laughing now
There's still time - you guys will surely make the 8 next year at least

Boyd still a very long way behind. But he does have a good head on his shoulders, and unlike Hogan - Boyd can kick. Could be an interesting poll by the end of next year.

Didn't Boyd start a fight with his teammate?

Hogan's a fine kick, he's a s**t run up

Didn't Boyd start a fight with his teammate?

Hogan's a fine kick, he's a s**t run up
Hogan's return was quite good, 41 goals 33 behinds despite being talked about as having big issues with his goal kicking this year. In comparison Boyd kicked 13 goals 12 behinds. I don't know if that's a reflection on where/how the goals were kicked (eg set shots vs in play, close to goal vs 50m out), but the media noise seemed to be much larger than the actual problem.

I'd be interested to see if Melbourne consider trying him in defence, at least once Weideman and others start to establish themselves. I think he'd be great as a CHB, although they'd obviously miss him forward if he moved there for a period.

Boyd defiently having the last laugh over Jesse Hogans very inpressive Sledge that game at the G that Melbounre Topped the Doggies in round 8 Last year.
I laughed then but im not laughing now
why? it wasn't even a sledge.

Murphy was sledging Hogan and Hogan just replied with the truth

Hogan's return was quite good, 41 goals 33 behinds despite being talked about as having big issues with his goal kicking this year. In comparison Boyd kicked 13 goals 12 behinds. I don't know if that's a reflection on where/how the goals were kicked (eg set shots vs in play, close to goal vs 50m out), but the media noise seemed to be much larger than the actual problem.

I'd be interested to see if Melbourne consider trying him in defence, at least once Weideman and others start to establish themselves. I think he'd be great as a CHB, although they'd obviously miss him forward if he moved there for a period.

There will probably be periods in games when he goes back but it'll never be a long term thing. Was AA CHB at u16 level, we desperately need him up forward long term though.

Honestly Boyd has a better kicking action than Hogan, the worry with Hogan is he struggles from anything 45m out and beyond.

There will probably be periods in games when he goes back but it'll never be a long term thing. Was AA CHB at u16 level, we desperately need him up forward long term though.

Honestly Boyd has a better kicking action than Hogan, the worry with Hogan is he struggles from anything 45m out and beyond.
Hogan would probably be at least a top 5 CHB or top 5 KPF - in that case you'd take him as a gun KPF, surely?
They're much harder to find.

Hogan would probably be at least a top 5 CHB or top 5 KPF - in that case you'd take him as a gun KPF, surely?
Yeah would be madness playing him in defense. We already have the McDonald bros and Frost doing the job back there. I'm annoyed enough that he's taken Watts' gig of playing the last few minutes of quarters/close games in defense.

Hogan is a gun. Just needs to sort out his attitude; his kicking could do with some work but what a talent. He reminds me a bit of Richo

Oh KPF definitely, just won't be surprised if we throw him back to change the team dynamic if we're struggling during a game.

Quietly confident he'll have a very big year in 2017 with the contract behind him and the delivery becoming (hopefully) more frequent.

Where does Boyd play with Cloke in? Will you play Cloke with both Boyd and Roughy in the same team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does Boyd play with Cloke in? Will you play Cloke with both Boyd and Roughy in the same team?

It'll be interesting, I think Cloke starts outside the 22. Crameri will come back in for Cordy, who either goes out or down back, but other than that I don't think we make any changes to that GF forward line if everyone is fit.

Oh KPF definitely, just won't be surprised if we throw him back to change the team dynamic if we're struggling during a game.

Quietly confident he'll have a very big year in 2017 with the contract behind him and the delivery becoming (hopefully) more frequent.

We had Zaine Cordy at CHF in the finals. Cordy is a natural defender so he will go back to replace Hamling. There is a spot for Cloke on the forward line but he will have to earn his spot.

Arguably the silliest thing I've ever read.

Although your next post might trump it.
Melbourne cup week and you have had the blinkers on for over a month.
Must have been erotic imagining Hogan kicking the winning goal in the Grand final.
Let you in on a little secret....I almost busted me nuts when Tom actually did it.;)

Melbourne cup week and you have had the blinkers on for over a month.
Must have been erotic imagining Hogan kicking the winning goal in the Grand final.
Let you in on a little secret....I almost busted me nuts when Tom actually did it.;)
Ease up.
Nobody likes an arrogant flog.

Ironic given who the post you quoted was addressing
Give me Trav 20 over the over Doggies1972 every day of the week.
I'm happy for a bloke like Boyd who's been bashed by all and sundry but the fact he played well in a granny does not automatically make him better than Hogan.

Give me Trav 20 over the over Doggies1972 every day of the week.
I'm happy for a bloke like Boyd who's been bashed by all and sundry but the fact he played well in a granny does not automatically make him better than Hogan.
No not yet but it seems the gap might close quickly next year and beyond

100% agree, I said a similar thing a couple of pages back
A lot of bulldog people i know use to laugh at the spud and hack comments. knowing full well his tallents were not on show as early as say Hogan for example due to he taking a bit longer to adjust to playing against men defenders and also he confidence was not as profound as Hogan early. Now in the coming years they will all get reminded how little knowledge hey have regarding our great game.

A lot of bulldog people i know use to laugh at the spud and hack comments. knowing full well his tallents were not on show as early as say Hogan for example due to he taking a bit longer to adjust to playing against men defenders and also he confidence was not as profound as Hogan early. Now in the coming years they will all get reminded how little knowledge hey have regarding our great game.
I think any true footy fan with half a brain would be able to recognise the fact he has all the tools to be a gun and based on what he showed the back end of this season, he may very well get there.
It's probably more about the amount of coin he's making based on what he'd been delivering.
He's now been a big part in delivering a flag so I'd expect that jibe to slowly disappear.

Back