Nostradamus Lives Tom Boyd Wants Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be the first to make up that the strong rumour is that both Boyd and Cameron are coming to the Dogs.....

Thanks.....

Hey - i turned out to be half right so far... Who'd have thought that !!!

You don't?
If youre going to throw stupid money at someone theyre going to do stupid things.

Say Carlton and Bulldogs both over 800k a year - he chooses the blues every time, but when you throw 1.1 at him.. he's bound to fall victim.

It's just sad he's thrown away a chance at sucess for the money

If youre going to throw stupid money at someone theyre going to do stupid things.

Say Carlton and Bulldogs both over 800k a year - he chooses the blues every time, but when you throw 1.1 at him.. he's bound to fall victim.

It's just sad he's thrown away a chance at sucess for the money
Fair enough if he had a choice between Port, Hawks, Swans for success over next couple of years. We have the best young talent in Victoria with the likes of Bontempeli, Macrae, Stringer, Libba, Dahlhaus etc...He'll have a lot more success in our team than Carlton over the years. You disagree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love Bigfooty.

GWS fans come in here talking about no one would ever want to leave, despite players leaving massive clubs like Collingwood and successful ones like Geelong and the Hawks, then when a player leaves they weren't wrong, and they proceed to nitpick the OP with "he said Carlton – he didn't leave to Carlton!"

Then Blues fans come on here and try and imply he was always going to go to Carlton, how he was some uber fan, and how even now, deep down, Tom Boyd wants to go to Carlton despite the fact he has not at all signed with Carlton.

*in hell

I think what this shows is that a player doesn't need to be in the system long before all childhood allegiances are quickly dispensed with and business decisions are made regarding your playing career.
Undoubtedly - but if the offers are in the same ball park it comes down to other considerations - like childhood allegiances.

An extra 300k over 7 years - is 2.1 mill - thats enough to tip the scales, but say it was only 100k more - we may never know but the decision is a lot harder.

I'm not complaining... Griffen, pick 6 and the dogs paying us $250000 for four years is more than fair. I hope he goes well. I also hope Cameron and patton go well. We were always going to lose one of our big three. I'm glad he went to a smaller club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back