Tom Brady no longer a Patriot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Buccaneers is a great choice for Tom. They have a host of stars who are young and in the prime of their careers.
Top coaches as well.

If he remains healthy, Bucs are now legit contenders and no longer potential material.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been much more discussion about this, especially when so many of us are at home.

I know Brady is getting on. I know people thought he had a poor year last year (when the Pats were still 12-4). But this is a huge paradigm shift. In the era where we only just started being able to watch this sport really closely, all we've known is a dominant, Brady-led Patriots. It hurts me to say it, but he has to be the best of all time.

It's sad that it came to this, and I wonder if we'll ever get the full story. Did Belichick just want to move on from his 42yo QB? Did Brady want to see whether he could do it without Belichick and the Patriots?

I suspect maybe a deal could've been quite easily worked out, but maybe Brady's feelings were hurt by the Patriots not saying all along "you're our guy, and we're going to make a deal." I feel like if they'd done that, it wouldn't have taken $30m. He's earned more than $200m playing football, plus endorsements. His wife is even richer than he is. I can't believe that this was a quibble over $5-7m a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back