Tom Browne's dad as our next President?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Would Tom Browne be allowed to report on Collingwood stories, or discuss rumours or murmurings around players moving or possible trade targets/recruits, coaches or any potential breaking news about the club, if his dad was the president?

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Doesn't look like 2 blokes that just met at a corporate event.. unless they just hit it off.. polished off a slab of craft beer.. had a few laughs.. enjoyed good conversation.. that sort of thing..

View attachment 1103045

Should we disqualify Korda and Murphy who are/were also mates of Ed’s?

Wouldn't you rather a highly qualified clean skin with no prior association with the club, to ensure the media has no ammo going forward?

Last edited:

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Doesn't look like 2 blokes that just met at a corporate event.. unless they just hit it off.. polished off a slab of craft beer.. had a few laughs.. enjoyed good conversation.. that sort of thing..

View attachment 1103045

evidently, they are really twin brothers separated at birth by a mistake at the hospital...

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Should we disqualify Korda and Murphy who are/were also mates of Ed’s?

Wouldn't you rather a highly qualified clean skin with no prior association with the club, to ensure the media has no ammo going forward?

They shouldn’t be disqualified no, if the Club runs a fair and thorough search and they/one of them is the best candidate, people can live with and support that.

If they get inside running on it then it will be hard to get behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without having intimate knowledge of each candidates strengths, weaknesses and vision for the club I your average Collingwood supporter and adult member would vote for Peter Murphy as our next President if I was afforded the opportunity.

Why?

Well because unlike every other current board member or candidate he's at least provided some tangible evidence that his instincts are good and his intention pure when he pressured McGuire's into holding a wide ranging review of our football department at the end of our 2017 season.

He knew (like a lot of us) that our club could do better, had to do better and I highly doubt we see that big 2018 spike without him voicing his concerns (and by extension ours).

Unfortunately our football department had again fallen into some bad habits of old under McGuire's watch since the end of 2019 IMO and we have failed to replace the loss of quality from our coaching panel since the departure of Longmuir while Hocking who was only appointed also after the 2017 season was let go by Buckley in preference of close friend Sanderson and long time assistant in Harvey.

That never felt right to me and a stench of staleness is starting to be emitted from our coaching box and 22 once again.

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without having intimate knowledge of each candidates strengths, weaknesses and vision for the club I your average Collingwood supporter and adult member would vote for Peter Murphy as our next President if I was afforded the opportunity.

Why?

Well because unlike every other current board member or candidate he's at least provided some tangible evidence that his instincts are good and his intention pure when he pressured McGuire's into holding a wide ranging review of our football department at the end of our 2017 season.

He knew (like a lot of us) that our club could do better, had to do better and I highly doubt we see that big 2018 spike without him voicing his concerns (and by extension ours).

Unfortunately our football department had again fallen into some bad habits of old under McGuire's watch since the end of 2019 IMO and we have failed to replace the loss of quality from our coaching panel since the departure of Longmuir while Hocking who was only appointed also after the 2017 season was let go by Buckley in preference of close friend Sanderson and long time assistant in Harvey.

That never felt right to me and a stench of staleness is starting to be emitted from our coaching box and 22 once again.
Yeah of the candidates put forward so far, I'd go with Murphy too.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL

Why?

I'd like to give you a 3/4 like for your post.. but thought.. * it re.. take a full one.

It's allright. Don't thank me. All good re.

Last edited:

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

Why?

Boyd took over from Longmuir and did very well- so well that Longmuir poached him.
Hocking was VFL Coach and VFL got canceled- so he had no job.
It had nothing to do with Buckley preferring Sanderson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back