Past #42: Tom Campbell - delisted end '21 - 12 NM games / 7 NM goals - 2019 NM VFL John Law Medallist - thanks Soup

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to say 3...
If you're alluding to Maj.....gobbled up the rushed kicks inside 50 and when he played forward for 3 weeks averaged 3 goals a game. I'd rather he'd be alone left to cause havoc in the back-line or forward-line.

We kept things simple for Maj this year and we got good results. So much so I thought he was stiff to not make the AA squad.

1 - Goldstein
2 - Xerri
3 - Campbell
4 - Brown/Daw

If you're alluding to Maj.....gobbled up the rushed kicks inside 50 and when he played forward for 3 weeks averaged 3 goals a game. I'd rather he'd be alone left to cause havoc in the back-line or forward-line.

We kept things simple for Maj this year and we got good results. So much so I thought he was stiff to not make the AA squad.

1 - Goldstein
2 - Xerri
3 - Campbell
4 - Brown/Daw
Understood, backing off.

Yeah it doesn’t really matter, but it kinda does. All clubs did have the chance etc, but we are all restricted by certain amount of selections, certain number of players on ya list etc, no?
Or am I missing something?
He's still going to take up a rookie spot for Richmond if they take him. Any club that passed in the Drafts had the opportunity to take him, and all steered clear.

Will replace Goldstein by season's end.

giphy.gif

Dare I say, the final piece of the puzzle - a ruck man fully prepared to play out the entire season in the VFL and ready and willing to step in if Goldy goes down. This makes the selectors’ job a fair bit easier.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Didn't think he was that much of a player but he has Kerridged us a couple of times along the way.

If as guessed he's content to sit as a rookie on assumedly better than rookie money then he is the perfect insurance policy. He mustn't have had a better offer (in terms of senior opportunity) and/or maybe didn't want to leave Vic to explore them.

Dare I say, the final piece of the puzzle - a ruck man fully prepared to play out the entire season in the VFL and ready and willing to step in if Goldy goes down. This makes the selectors’ job a fair bit easier.

... Lol. There’s, also, probably, an argument that goes along the lines of “the final nail in the coffin”. However, we won’t go there just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like we've picked up Mark Porter again.

Don't.

We walked into the 2001 trade/draft with Corey McKernan, #7, #14, #30, #55.

We could've walked out with James Bartel, Steven Johnson, Sam Mitchell and Dane Swan.

Excluding David Hale we walked out with Mark Porter, David Bourke, Ashley Watson, Rod Crowe and a sore head.

Don't.

We could've walked out with James Bartel, Steven Johnson, Sam Mitchell and Dane Swan.

Excluding David Hale we walked out with Mark Porter, David Bourke, Ashley Watson, Rod Crowe and a sore head.
Yeah but I was super pumped to play with them in AFL live 2003...

Don't.

Don't. aarrgh!!!

Not thrilled with the pick. But ultimately he is the perfect break in case of emergency while Xerri develops. You never know he might take his game to a new level trying to chase Goldy around at Training all day.

We were really wanting Darcy Fort on the rookie list but didn’t get the chance because Geelong took him (surprisingly) in the national draft.
Was annoyed when they took him. But its probably better for him
He is going to sign with Essendon.

We interviewed him, he wasn’t keen because he couldn’t see himself getting AFL games and we weren’t keen because of his injury history.
Should have went to Melbourne

He's still going to take up a rookie spot for Richmond if they take him. Any club that passed in the Drafts had the opportunity to take him, and all steered clear.

Then Richmond should've taken him in the draft(s) instead of one of their other selections if they wanted him. Essentially they are getting a free hit.

Then Richmond should've taken him in the draft(s) instead of one of their other selections if they wanted him. Essentially they are getting a free hit.
The argument is that everyone else could have too. I reckon this rule is ripe for rorting in a Jack Darling kind of way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back