Traded Tom Cutler (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that the 'Cuttlefish' had a really nice game for his first hit out and has managed to slip under the radar quite a bit. I hope that he gets a run against the Suns as he has some promise in an area which we are lacking some depth

Inside Football Player Rating - BLvGCS - NAB Challenge 2.
3/10 – A few touches in a great experience. Fancied chances from outside 50 latein game but missed.

-- Ben Casanella, Inside Football Thursday, February 27, 2014, Match Review BLvGCS

I'm very happy with where Cutler is at so far. I can see why he was so highly rated by a few clubs. Moves like a midfielder but has the height and athleticism to cover off on 3rd talls. His ball use looks fine and he looks fit and strong.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him push for senior footy towards the back half of the year. I can see him developing a bit quicker than the average draft pick, injuries and attitude permitting.

From limited opportunities in the two NAB Cup games, he's certainly shown an aptitude for finding the ball. Still looks pretty raw though and will probably have to spend some time in NEAFL honing his skills.

I am excited to see Cutler debut, we have looked slow all season in the back half. Whilst his foot skills are still a bit of an unknown Tom will at least provide some zip and run coming out of defence, hope the kid doesn't start the game in the red vest so we can see what the kid has got!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been thinking about comparisons. Perhaps Tom Collier but with footy smarts. Remember how long we were waiting for him to have a breakout season? Hopefully Cutler will be different.

I am excited to see Cutler debut, we have looked slow all season in the back half. Whilst his foot skills are still a bit of an unknown Tom will at least provide some zip and run coming out of defence, hope the kid doesn't start the game in the red vest so we can see what the kid has got!

Is it any comfort that he's been named to start with a green vest, C202?

Been thinking about comparisons. Perhaps Tom Collier but with footy smarts. Remember how long we were waiting for him to have a breakout season? Hopefully Cutler will be different.

I don't recall a lack of footy smarts was a knock on Collier prior to debuting, certainly was the case by the end of his career though. In saying that, I remember his game against St Kilda at Docklands in his second and third year and he was brilliant, pity it was one of his rare few games that could be said.

I don't recall a lack of footy smarts was a knock on Collier prior to debuting, certainly was the case by the end of his career though. In saying that, I remember his game against St Kilda at Docklands in his second and third year and he was brilliant, pity it was one of his rare few games that could be said.

Yeah he had all the tools but no brain. Is fairly average at SANFL level these days although he laid a brilliant hip and shoulder on the weekend. Would have got a big suspension in the AFL.

Hopefully be like Yeo, came out of nowhere in his second year to firmly cement his place in our best 22. Disappointing thing is I thought Golby an Yeo were gonna hold down the HBF positions for the next ten years, and now Yeo is gone and Golby has gone backwards. Don't let me down please Cutler

Looks to have picked up the pace of the game fairly easily. He's as cool as a cucumber. One or two errors which I think might be down to fatigue, but he doesn't look rushed. Lot to like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back