Traded Tom Cutler [traded with #64 to Essendon for #72 and future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

It has emerged that Tom's personal situation is that he's had a contract offer from Brisbane since the Pre-season yet he has chosen not to sign it. This happens to coincide with the reports that Mitch Robinson (who was reported as not in best 22 at the start of pre-season) being told a position had opened up on the wing for him. It's not a long bow to draw to conclude the spot which "opened up" for Mitch was the spot Cutler held prior to refusing to accept the offered deal.

As such & after comparing Cutler to McCluggage & Langdon, it's reasonable to hope for a second round pick as compensation for Cutler if he does in fact leave. As a Lions supporter & Member it seems to have ruffled a few feathers that I should want a good outcome for the Lions should Cutler be traded.

Finally, I've no problem with our Coach choosing not to give a player a game who won't re-commit. That's up to the Brains Trust.
can confirm this, he was given a couple offers but he wanted to play out the season and see where he was at before signing a deal. he's only wanting to leave because he just wants to play regular footy and not neafl.

He isn't best 22 at Brisbane sadly. As evidenced by the fact that he wasn't selected in the best 22 regularly this year.
Sorry, can you please provide some more evidence?

Sorry, can you please provide some more evidence?
Good call. Most of us are aware there are many reasons as to why some players are not selected in the seniors. Not being in the best 22 players is merely one of many reasons some players are not selected.

This is evidence. BennyGan provided evidence that shows brabs posting was way off the mark.
Seems to confirm that BRAB was correct in saying Cutler isn’t best 22 more than anything.

What seems to have gone over many posters heads is Cutler strongly appears to have fallen out of favour due to him not signing the contracts put to him by the Lions. The Hyena approach adopted by many Lions supporters here derails an otherwise good thread. As stated, if Cutler is traded, it will be a good opportunity for another side to bolster their best 22.

can confirm this, he was given a couple offers but he wanted to play out the season and see where he was at before signing a deal. he's only wanting to leave because he just wants to play regular footy and not neafl.

Again, another punter who refuses to back his assertions, instead asks another question in order to move away from giving any credibility to what you write. Give it a rest.

What is my assertion exactly?

You're the one howling others down about 'evidence', and yet YOU make the claim that clubs don't like to play players who won't commit (wrong! Especially in a year of contending). You answer all these questions about defensive running and consistency with more questions about "where's your evidence?".

Why did he max out at 18 games in a season in a s**t side, and the moment the team became good, got forced out of the side? What is your assertion?

You still have offered no evidence to back your claims. All the red herrings in the world will not alter this fact. You've been pulled up to support your assertion with evidence, so where is your evidence to back your claim ??????????????
You still have offered no evidence to back your claims. All the red herrings in the world will not alter this fact. You've been pulled up to support your assertion with evidence, so where is your evidence ?????????????? Put up or give me a rest from your flimsy posting style please.
More of the same dribble. It's pretty clear Cutler chooses not to fit into the contract he's been offered. You've still offered no evidence that the lad does not fit in with the on field "game plan." How about you back your original assertion with some evidence or move on.

Where's my evidence?

More white noise. I find your content & ensuing dribble not worth reading. It took you this long to come up with an article that does not even specifically back your argument. Go away, you're being a common pest.

That's not evidence!

He's just been kept out of a side all year for petty reasons. That's all there is.

My brother is mates with Cuts, the only reason he is leaving is because he just wants to play every week, he loves the club and players

Have a mate on the Lions list. Says Tommy is one of the better fellas going around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll be lucky to get a third rounder for him unfortunately, he has the potential to go into his late 20s as a very good player, just not with us potentially.

Id personally like to see him get a run at a half back flank role, not sure the Wing suited him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd call his 2018 output fairly consistent. I'd suggest you check it out before making poorly informed statements then grizzling when held to account.
What's even more hilarious is that you believe the number of possessions a player gets is a mark of how consistent their quality is. The world may primarily exist as a basic set of numbers for you, but I actually watched our 2018 season and I saw that Cutler could look like a million dollars one minute and be completely anonymous the next, all the within the same game.

When Cutler was the same age as McCluggage & playing under Leppa, he compares reasonably with our Star Winger. Keep in mind Cutler was used as more of a defensive winger than a stoppage player.
If he was a defensive winger and still got absolutely left for dead in the tackle count by McCluggage, that doesn't say a lot for him. That in fact may explain why he wasn't picked this year. Cutler has many strengths but no reasonable person would suggest he's the tackler that either McCluggage or Robinson are.

Anyway, back on topic.

He does seem tight with the boys, shame to see him go, especially since a spot just opened up with Hodge retiring, and Robinson injured.
it’s got Grant Birchall's name on it.

We'll be lucky to get a third rounder for him unfortunately, he has the potential to go into his late 20s as a very good player, just not with us potentially.

Id personally like to see him get a run at a half back flank role, not sure the Wing suited him.
Dodoro's ears have pricked up

On the contrary.

Club definitely want to keep him, as evidenced by the contract offer on the table. Easily best 25.

If you play kids ahead of him you don't want him simply as that. He isn't going past Berry or McCluggage or Robinson anytime soon. He's depth and we all know it.

If you play kids ahead of him you don't want him simply as that. He isn't going past Berry or McCluggage or Robinson anytime soon. He's depth and we all know it.

If we play some kids ahead of him, we don’t want him? Garbage. Club has stated that we want him and there has been an offer on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we play some kids ahead of him, we don’t want him? Garbage. Club has stated that we want him and there has been an offer on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Words and actions are very different. It’s one thing to say something another to not give a player in his prime a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back