Traded Tom Cutler [traded with #64 to Essendon for #72 and future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Words and actions are very different. It’s one thing to say something another to not give a player in his prime a game.

They certainly are. That’s why the lions have acted (by putting an offer on the table). You have just strengthened my point.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They certainly are. That’s why the lions have acted (by putting an offer on the table). You have just strengthened my point.

You don’t know the terms of the contract, if they haven’t guaranteed him game time or an acceptable number it’s a hollow gesture. That isn’t truly wanting someone.

I think it's fair to say Cutler divides opinion between Lions fans. There are quite a few (me included) who think he should be playing every week. He can play. He has already played some very good football at AFL level. The Lions, however, don't believe he is best 22. We can speculate all we want about why. Trade value as a result will not be high. Could very well be an absolute bargain.

I really rate Cutler and am disappointed he didn't get much of a go this year. He has shown how damaging he can be at AFL level. He's a tall winger/flanker with excellent athleticism and a booming kick. He's had plenty of time in the system now and is enterring his prime.

I think if he's given an opportunity in the right team he will flourish. If he's picked up for a 3rd rounder or less I would consider that to be an absolute steal and worth every cent.

Seems like the type a Sydney Swans of the past would pick up, play in accordance with their strengths in a strong team environment and they flourish.

Would like to see him given an opportunity at Carlton and glad to hear we are in the mix. Can play a bit from what I've seen.

Probably ends up at Hawthorn. Pick in the 40's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of the Lions fans (including me) would like more, but a 3rd or 4th is probably realistic.

Yeah fair enough. David Noble on trade radio this arvo indicated Ess are at the front of the queue for Cutler. Our 3rd rounder is 57 now so that might be the swap.

Yeah fair enough. David Noble on trade radio this arvo indicated Ess are at the front of the queue for Cutler. Our 3rd rounder is 57 now so that might be the swap.

Ah thanks mate, I missed listening to Noble’s interview. Unfortunately for us, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. I’d be hoping we would look to package another pic with Cutler for your 2nd rounder, in order to make our way up the draft order if possible. He is a polarising figure at the lions, but I have always rated him and would rather keep onto him than move him on. He looks to be certainly out the door though.

Eek more 1 way runners at the Bombers. Didn't they learn that they lack defensive running when they got smashed by teams this year who breezed through them on the attack?

Oh, really?
I was thinking a 3rd rounder was around the mark

Our trade with west coast seems to indicate we're now happy with our third and 4th round picks. Plus we've said we'll accommodate any trade request.

Our trade with west coast seems to indicate we're now happy with our third and 4th round picks. Plus we've said we'll accommodate any trade request.
Don’t know what your academy or F/S situation is like next year so maybe a future pick?

Putting an offer on the table is not the same as having a player contracted. Tom still needs to accept said contract does he not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back