Recommitted Tom De Koning [Signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I’m keen to see how he pans out.
Does the club project him to be a pure ruck like Witts? Or a guy who’s a good ruck and can damage forward like Marshall? Or a good ruck and excellent hole filler and goal kicker like Max Gawn?

He’s got athleticism, but I still haven’t worked him out. You are right though, next year is big boy year for him. He’s getting paid good coin and needs to set himself up for his career contract in 2026. He’s bet on himself with this contract, which is good to see.

Might sound crazy but I think he is closest to Naitanui in playing style. His follow up work, tackling and hands in close after the ruck contest is elite. He can consistently take big marks around the ground. Tom would have better forward craft.

He will never have the elite tap work or sheer X factor that set NN apart from the rest, but he is a player that Tom should admire and look to base his game on.

Might sound crazy but I think he is closest to Naitanui in playing style. His follow up work, tackling and hands in close after the ruck contest is elite. He can consistently take big marks around the ground. Tom would have better forward craft.

He will never have the elite tap work or sheer X factor that set NN apart from the rest, but he is a player that Tom should admire and look to base his game on.

You rate him as high as Nic Nat? Takes big marks? I’ll remind you that Nic Nat took 11 marks when he made AA… 11 Marks in a ….,,,,,

An entire season!!!

Yes you crazy

You rate him as high as Nic Nat? Takes big marks? I’ll remind you that Nic Nat took 11 marks when he made AA… 11 Marks in a ….,,,,,

An entire season!!!

Yes you crazy

I don't rate him as highly as NN, just that they have similar styles and influence after the ruck contest, and as that is one of Tom's strengths he should be looking up to one of the best.

Both capable of some massive marks that other rucks aren't. I would like to think Tom is or can be more consistent than NN was in that area.

Good news all around. He’s a good signing for Carlton, and prying him out would have required an overpay of picks and salary that opposition fans were probably not comfortable with.

Gives himself a chance to sign a big deal in Free agency, at Carlton or elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ralph says he left $5 million on the table, if true clearly has massive faith in the club and where its headed.

Big money.
Reckon the Sydney offer was probably $100k-$150k more per year but six more years than the blues contract.

Possibly left $200k-$300k on the table over the two years to give him the flex to get a career contract. New CBA will no doubt increase every players uncontracted value by end 2025 as well.

Good on him for backing himself in.
Swans must see something in him I don’t at that price. But Beatson is elite.

If true, whatever club offered that is moronic
Armstrong-Creek-Central-img-4.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back