Tom De Koning v Sam De Koning

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Keen to see how neutrals rate both brothers.

I’ve been really impressed with Sam this season. Looks a natural intercepting defender, great skills for his height and has shown the ability to move the ball with some real precision. Was involved in a couple of big plays in the Cats front half last week.

Tom by contrast is a 2nd ruck/forward who shows decent glimpses every game - both his marking ability and leap at the stoppages - but hasn’t cemented himself in a role. Like Sam, his ground level skills are really impressive and he can get involved in chains of possession.

Who ends up the better player over their careers?

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
However if Carlton would like to send his brother down the highway for next to nothing in sure we could squeeze him in
Yeah and if Collingwood would like to send Jack Henry’s brother, well, that’d be okay too.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I wish some parents would use more unique names, because seeing Tom and Sam together suddenly has me confused about who plays for which club.

If they were Sullivan and Devereux* I reckon I'd remember far easier.

*Devereux De Koning = sweet wrestler name alert.

To answer the question, the Carlton one simply because there is a little more exposed form.
If I'm picking for my own club perhaps I'd take the Geelong one due to our need for a long term key defender to partner DGB.

I wish some parents would use more unique names, because seeing Tom and Sam together suddenly has me confused about who plays for which club.

If they were Sullivan and Devereux* I reckon I'd remember far easier.

There are 10 De Koning siblings. They probably ran out of original names

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Sam because he’s played in the right position. Tom is a better athlete and has more upside but Sam is honestly a very good player already. Tom has some work to do.

Back