Tom De Koning

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol couldn’t care less. Playing for a club is their job. It does not mean they cannot be happy for a sibling that experiences the ultimate success with a different club. If Tom was sulking I’d be critical of him being childish. The emotion he showed was great.

Yeah I mean there’s absolutely nothing else at all between jubilation and sulking.

No problems whatsoever . He’s happy for he’s brother.

Won’t be the last either. Heath celebrated with Rhyce Shaw when he won he’s in 2012 and Shane celebrated with Darryl Wakelin in 2004 when he won he’s.

I’m sure if Carlton win won he will return the favour.

Fairly sure there will be more De Konings in the league in coming years.
With eleven of them there surely is one or two more talented enough to make it at the top level.

Except that Tom and Sam are by far the youngest of the siblings, I think

Am I the only one who found this a little… weird?

View attachment 1518348

I get he’s excited for his brother and wants to congratulate him, obviously.

But… he’s also a professional footballer for an opposition club. Jumping on the ground and celebrating with the cup? It struck me as bizarre and perhaps a little misguided. I get a quick embrace and all that, and proper celebrations in private… but this seemed a bit unprofessional for me.

Anybody agree? Or am I being a bit knobhead Kane Cornes here?
You didn't know he is going to join his brother at Geelong?

I think it's a bit case by case, but generally no big deal. Maybe something to avoid if you're a big free agent target the next year, but otherwise just a nice moment and a good reminder that footy isn't everything and that the players are people too.

I'd have no problem at all if the shoe was on the other foot with the De Koning brothers or the Henrys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1518348

But… he’s also a professional footballer for an opposition club. Jumping on the ground and celebrating with the cup? It struck me as bizarre and perhaps a little misguided. I get a quick embrace and all that, and proper celebrations in private… but this seemed a bit unprofessional for me.

If they had beaten Carlton, then yes s**t look.

But other than that, totally normal. I couldn't care less

Uh

He's just probably really happy his brother won a premiership, Normal people are usually happy for close family members success. I dont find it unprofessional at all. I doubt there are any carlton fans upset at a dude happy for his brother

As a supporter of hawthorn it might sound rich...but there is more to life then just football, these are humans

View attachment 1518348

A player celebrating his future employer's victory isn't weird at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back