Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Both have been close on the best players in this final series, I am a huge fan of Tom Green and Sam Walsh both have such fierce determination when their sides need them, who would you take?

Actually a good question. I'd take Walsh at the Dogs but if I was starting a team I'd take Green.

Close call Green is such a massive human and more athletic then many people think but Walsh is such a workhorse in a league that seems to be more endurance based year on year

very close call

I would take Green for one reason only - strength in the contest

It is a scarce trait that gives Green an x-factor that few players possess ... Trac / Cripps / Dusty... pretty swish company

Could easily argue Walsh compensates with work rate though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised ur not here to tell us we're better without Walsh, Mckay, Cripps, Weitering and Curnow because we won a game one time without some of them.

Nah, have always maintained you are a better forward line without McKay. Whatever else you have to say, is merely exaggerated nonsense.

Walsh is the better footballer. His inside game is nearly as solid as Green but it's more so his outside game which gives him the advantage between these two footballers.
Both guns and any team would give up over's to have them running around for you.

Walsh some how is still unfairly criticized IMO.

His last final was unbelievable, he was so clean and his run was unstoppable.

Green is a gun playing ahead of his time for the role he plays.

Both scream future captain.

Last edited:
Tom green is an elite talent and has the intangibles. You can tell he desires to be the best and is committed to do what it takes to get there

So tough to split them, because each team has a like for like replacement with the other.

Green plays the roles Cripps plays, Walsh plays the role Kelly plays.

Yet both have had blocks in their career where they’ve had to do both because of injuries in the midfield and have shown they can adapt.
Walsh’s inside work is underrated and Green has started to add an outside spread to his game this year, in a similar way that Clayton Oliver did.

Love them both as players.

If I try to rationalise it, and ask myself would I trade Walsh for Green, the answer would be no.
But at the same time, if I was at GWS, I wouldn’t trade Green for Walsh.
As the rest of the midfield make up of each team is so reliant on the skill sets of each one.

So that’s pretty much as many words as I can think of to say… I can’t decide.

Walsh has some bad fumbles in that last qtr on the weekend I think he was just spent!
Don't know what kind of ground Green covers, but Walsh regularly covers 16+km.
That's not a dig at Green, because they're not like for like players.
Something that hasn't really been mentioned is that Walsh had 43 pressure acts against the Dees. Not sure what the record is since they've been counted, but that's insane. Can't recall seeing more than mid to high 20's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back