Toast Tom Hawkins - 200 games

Just as well we have the bye next week - they might need the week off to get their shoulders right. :p

I wouldn't trust Smith & Stanley to chair him off, but Mackie seems to have had the job on a few occasions.

DangerWood would have the strength to get the job done but considering the opinion they have been carrying the team then we best not make them carry Tommy after all of that as well

Or maybe we have Cunico & Parsons - the two newest members of the side get lumped with the job

I dare say that Boris is happy he retired last year and I think he'll throw Harry's name into the mix as payback:

532889b74ff08a7dcb520d0a0e531a56

Nest of Cats

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Everyone talks about his 2011 GF as when he broke out, but IMO he was very good in all our finals that year. If he kicked straight that last quarter of the GF though and he is a Norm Smith medalist I'd say as well as a premiership player as he would have finished with 6 or 7.

A huge man who has almost single handedly carried our fwd line at times, and almost has single handedly won games for us as well... probably a large source of frustration as well but that is because our expectations are so high.

Such a shame his back blew up in 2013, a fit Hawk off the back of his All Australian and Carji winning 2012 likely destroys the comp and wins us another flag.

And on top of all else he seems to be a genuinely ripping bloke
For mine, the game late that season in Brisbane (Rd 21?) when he looked like it "clicked"for him. He dominated that game and really turned the corner. Congrats Tom

Love Toma, love that av (maybe second only to "10 in a row" "11 in a row"... what a time that was).. still shitty I missed that game holed up sick as a dog in Rome, looking at score updates on a computer screen because the Rome internet was too shitty to stream the game.

Anyway, congrats Tomahawk.

bulletproof

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
An all-time favourite Cat for me.

Watching him come of age in 2011 is a cherished memory.

Superbly skilled player, with rare brute strength.

Maybe could have gone onto slightly better things if he played with the arrogance of the truly great players, but his modesty has always been part of the personal appeal.

A uniquely Geelong person, the country full forward in the big league.

Would love his next 50 games to be his best. There is more to come.

Hulk_Hawkins

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2003
Kande Beach, Malawi
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man U/Hotspurs
Congratulations to the biggest "man crush" I have ever had!! I know he has kicked 400+ goals but I truly believe potentially, he should have been up to 600+ with his size and strength. He could be the most dominant/feared player in modern football!

Congrats to Tom! has been great to see the improvement in him over the years, even this year with his improved fitness, great to see him laying some chase down tackles etc. Looking forward to a third iteration of Hawkins family footballers should they come along :D

InnocentBystandr

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
ADFA Rams
I know he has kicked 400+ goals but I truly believe potentially, he should have been up to 600+ with his size and strength. He could be the most dominant/feared player in modern football!
If his team-mates didn't just bomb the ball on top of his head - he might just have the 600+

Congratulations to the big fella! I'd love to see a big win this weekend over the 'premiership favourites' to celebrate his milestone.

Scottland2007

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Hope that wasn't taken when Tom was walking into the ground tonight. ;)
Was after the last game of 2015. Funny side note, he was struggling to get a cab and we nearly gave him a lift into town. Would have been a hell of a story for school Monday.

Mr Meow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
He's having a good year, not always dominant but on track for his third 60+ goal season.

He has always had to deal with opponents all over him, then when he uses his own strength to his advantage is the first to be penalised. Yes, he also gives away some stupid free kicks out of frustration but he still cops a pretty raw deal most weeks. Let's also remember that 2014 - 2016 he basically lacked an effective second key forward to help him out. Especially 2014 and 2015 when there was no Menzel. It's no surprise that his output lifted once Menzel was moved in there, some slower medium forwards were replaced by more nimble types and now Taylor has provided the second key target.

His tackling numbers are good this season at 3.5 a game and the defensive side of his game has improved. He's chasing and working hard to run over and square contests that in previous years were probably mopped up by rebounding defenders. Once we get some crumbers back this will be even more obvious.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Right near the end last night, might have been shortly after Motlop's time wasting, a ball came roughshod out of adelaides backline. Hawkins chased a much smaller opponent from about 40 out from goal right up to left half-back. Didn't get him but it was a great effort and indicative of his attitide

Back