Universal Love Tom Hawkins 2020 Coleman Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Hawkins on winning his first Coleman Medal - thoroughly deserved

We all know that Hawkins has always played with a team first mentality, looking for teammates in a better position etc - I'm curious if this has happened before though where not only are the top 3 for avg goal assists from the same team, but they've avg the same number of goal assists
B9AA17B9-FAAE-4B99-8EC0-BE7171D0E766.jpeg

Congrats to Hawkins on winning his first Coleman Medal - thoroughly deserved

We all know that Hawkins has always played with a team first mentality, looking for teammates in a better position etc - I'm curious if this has happened before though where not only are the top 3 for avg goal assists from the same team, but they've avg the same number of goal assists
View attachment 967265

Placeholder 4 previously from the same team as well.

Moons and SJ must be proud.

Surely the players have to vote him MVP?

He won the Coleman by 10 goals in a low-scoring season while also finishing equal-top of the goal assists chart. No one even came close to him in terms of scoreboard impact.

Not if the umpires can get involved somehow. ;)

Seriously, though, you're quite right about his exceptional impact this year. Very difficult to mount a case for an alternative MVP this season.

Well after this round it was 73 I50 for 1 GA,

I was upset when I checked, he almost got through the year on donuts. It took until the 2nd last round for him to get one.

That's a shithouse return - I don't imagine he's scored many goals himself

Though perhaps his delivery was good but Brisbane's wayward kicking meant they all became "score assists" instead :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well deserved Coleman for the Hawk. If he was more selfish he would have a collection of them.

Purely on numbers, the most dominant Coleman winner since Lloyd

Kicked 31.5% more goals than his nearest rival.

What a world we live in when only 1 player in the whole competition can score over 2 goals a game based upon a 17 round season. Kennedy probably averaged over 2 as he missed games but looking at the final table that is what sticks out to me.

What a world we live in when only 1 player in the whole competition can score over 2 goals a game based upon a 17 round season. Kennedy probably averaged over 2 as he missed games but looking at the final table that is what sticks out to me.

I think you're right about that mostly being the (AFL) world we live in. A world where defence is everything and '75,000 players in a forward line' has become totally commonplace. 'Horrendous' is about the most fitting way to describe the spectacle that emerges.

Looking for our naysayers/GFC critics expressing their congratulations to Tom for his Coleman victory, and his efforts this season.....

Not one......

coleman medal
3 x AA KPF
Best and Fairest, probably x2
2 x Premiership player
Arguably the most well-rounded forward of the decade

and still completely disregarded by non cats fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back