Tom Hawkins 700 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Course he should.

Again, as you are showing an almost Sanath Jayasuriya-like strike rate of doing, you have ignored the statistical implication of the number being discussed, which suggests that Cloke was treated better by umpires than Hawkins has been, which would in turn dispel the notion that he wasn’t allowed to get away with the style of play that Hawkins has.

Please let the grown ups play in peace.

I don’t think you understood what I said. If Cloke could get away with what Hawkins could he’d have an even better record. I know stats wise he had it better but I’m saying it would have been even better than it is.

I don’t think you understood what I said. If Cloke could get away with what Hawkins could he’d have an even better record. I know stats wise he had it better but I’m saying it would have been even better than it is.

How do you know he didn’t get away with the same things?
The notion that umpires stopped him playing the same way is pretty quickly dispelled by the numbers.

lol why is a thread about Tom Hawkins kicking 700 full to the brim with Richmond supporters melting all over the place? Delicate bunch

Hawkins was a passenger when Geelong were winning grand finals, while Jack was Richmond's best forward
Different stages in their careers, Hawkin's didn't become the superstar he is now known as until after 2011, but even in 2011 he was hardly a passenger. In fact he had well and truly entrenched himself as a gun footballer by that stage.

Why do Richmond supporters find Tom Hawkins kicking 700 goals so upsetting while supporters of other teams either acknowledge it as a great achievement or simply don't care? What is it about this subject that hits a nerve with our Tiggy friends? Please explain.

I’ve loved watching the great man play.
Fantastic family man, role-model and like a fine wine, seemingly getting better with age.
Hope he keeps going for at least a couple more years.
Dick measuring aside, he’s been a fantastic contributor to the GFC, we’ve been blessed to watch him run around in the hoops.

Why do Richmond supporters find Tom Hawkins kicking 700 goals so upsetting while supporters of other teams either acknowledge it as a great achievement or simply don't care? What is it about this subject that hits a nerve with our Tiggy friends? Please explain.

You’ve got it all wrong. 2 goals in 2 finals against us. We love the great thespian footballer that is Tom Hawkins. 😍

Since the early 00's when we were flush with gun forwards like Brown/Tredrea/Lloyd/Hall there have only been 2 standouts since.

1) Franklin - clearly no.1 and in the conversation for best ever

2) Hawkins - Mr. consistent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the early 00's when we were flush with gun forwards like Brown/Tredrea/Lloyd/Hall there have only been 2 standouts since.

1) Franklin - clearly no.1 and in the conversation for best ever

2) Hawkins - Mr. consistent

So you didn’t notice the triple Coleman medalist FF in the dynasty team from 2017-2020 who is 16th all time goal kicker, wow. Maybe upgrade to Foxtel so you can catch all the games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back