Recommitted Tom Hawkins [re-signed for two more years]

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you want Hawkins and have de goey get a moderate offer?

Or no Hawkins and pay de Goey the crazy money he wants ?
Hawkins won't leave anyway unless the offer is gigantic, so no point even discussing this.

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If Geelong doesn’t give him what he wants the fans would riot.

it is an interesting thought though, how high a club would go money wise. I could easily see a club like Carlton who is on the cusp of finals giving him 900 to a mill. It is interesting because I feel Hawkins is in career best form.

No. We wouldn't.

As a player type right down the bottom of the need / want list.

Next forward at Carlton on 900k is Harry.

Possibly the most obvious extension in the history of contracts.

Will be interesting to see how fit he can stay. Very much entering the drop off zone.
Definitely his last contract, but given the type of kpf he is, i.e. one that relies on strength over athleticism he probably would have more games left than other 32 year olds. I'll bet he loses more games to suspension than injury over the 2 years

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
At the age of 1 year contracts being the norm as it doesn't take much for an older player to drop off. A 1 year contract though after this season would have been expensive though, so the 2nd year would balance that out. Instead of maybe $600‐700k for 1 season, it may be $400‐500k over 2

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the age of 1 year contracts being the norm as it doesn't take much for an older player to drop off. A 1 year contract though after this season would have been expensive though, so the 2nd year would balance that out. Instead of maybe $600‐700k for 1 season, it may be $400‐500k over 2
What? So you dont have to offer every player 5 years and 500k. Who knew

Back