MRP / Trib. Tom Hawkins suspended for 1 week for striking Schofield

Who will come in IF Hawkins gets rubbed out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, we are probably less than 5% chance of winning.

Tom's last 5 suspensions...

Round 12, 2016 vs North ... Geelong won
Round 13 2017 vs West Coast ... Geelong lost ... this game was after a bye so we would probably have lost anyway;)
Round 21 2017 vs Richmond ... Geelong won
Round 22 2017 vs Collingwood ... Geelong won
Round 8 2018 vs Collingwood ... Geelong won

Maybe the odds aren't so bad after all.

IMO the Nik Nat throw of Merret into the fence should of been a week too.

The AFL is consistently inconsistent, also when danger got done for the perfect tackle on Grundy.

And the umps saying you can’t bump an injured player wtf is that, they shouldn’t be on the park. It’s scary s**t really.

Round 13 2017 vs West Coast ... Geelong lost ... this game was after a bye so we would probably have lost anyway;)

Yep, I thought so- thanks for doing that homework. We've won without Danger as well.

Phew. Chris Scott actually said something positive for once -

"No one is more devastated than Tom. We've got to get it done this Friday night to give him a chance to play next week. I think that can be as galvanising as anything."

That's the kind of response I want. Keep the positivity going and don't make this what we focus on. Move on, and turn it into a positive - our forward line will be unpredictable and they'll have no idea how to plan for it

He didnt even use his word of the day calendar, just straight talking for once.

Hit someone is the head and get suspended, take off the bloody blue & white glasses some of you...

The Toby Greene fiasco was an outrage and not to be used as guide for what's acceptable, AFL clearly wanted to give an expansion club is best chance at winning a flag.
and throwing someone into the fence is ok
seriously

I find it disappointing to say the least seeing the insulting tones in a lot of Cats supporters' criticism of Tom. Of course its appropriate to express our disappointment at his lack of discipline but those of you flat out abusing him have NFI what it takes emotionally to play the kind of bullocking 120 minutes of controlled aggression required to compete in his position at the highest level. He will be absolutely gutted and it will take a herculean effort from his team-mates to get us in the GF and give him a chance at redemption, but FFS show some support and empathy for a champion Cats player!

What is constantly annoying is how umpires allow defenders to continually impede Hawkins who's rarely on the receiving end of free kicks.
But worst of all is the media scrutiny on the guy even if it's the slightest of issues.
Same goes for Dangerfield, l'll never forget the witchhunt after he tackled Kreuzer.
To much politics in this game.

Last edited:
I think Danger was getting into murky territory getting involved in this one as the AFLPA president. I imagine there’d be a few players not happy with that angle, that we want to let the good players play no matter what they do. Does he care more about Hawkins & Greene than Schofield & Bontempelli?

Maybe as the AFLPA prez. he should be getting players to talk about how they can get rid of all the bullcrap off the ball niggle and annoying off the ball stuff that wasn’t much a part of the game all that long ago, when it was a bit more player-policed and players were reluctant to do that stuff for fear of reprisals.

Disappointed the big fella is missing...on the bright side at least he can’t get rubbed out for the grand final, and he can go all Neil Balme now if he wants to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd bring in a big surprise for Hawkins suspension...SMITH. Massive height and size deep in forward line. Two talls are a must to keep our forward structure and allow Esava a clearer run at the ball. Smith used to play full forward and will contest hard and bring the ball to the deck. He can also go into the ruck and allow Stanley to go forward. This would give the Richmond defence plenty to think about.

That's pretty good results! lol

I'd bring in a big surprise for Hawkins suspension...SMITH. Massive height and size deep in forward line. Two talls are a must to keep our forward structure and allow Esava a clearer run at the ball. Smith used to play full forward and will contest hard and bring the ball to the deck. He can also go into the ruck and allow Stanley to go forward. This would give the Richmond defence plenty to think about.
I'd definitely go TALL... I'd still favour Henderson. Would give us Taylor, Henderson, Henry as options to drift forward, or stay forward.
SavRat in the ruck only 5-10% of game, but mainly as the deep forward.
Stanley can play forward for 5-15% game time and probably snag a goal.

Well said mate, he has given me personally years of enjoyment, watching him at his craft, unbelievable player best goal kicker in the comp hands down.

Pure footballer and a country boy too doesn’t get any better. I still remember when he killed the hawks on the siren I was there pure magic. And I know many pies fans can’t stand him after he ripped them to shreds in the 11 gf!

I'd definitely go TALL... I'd still favour Henderson. Would give us Taylor, Henderson, Henry as options to drift forward, or stay forward.
SavRat in the ruck only 5-10% of game, but mainly as the deep forward.
Stanley can play forward for 5-15% game time and probably snag a goal.
Henderson's too small. He's a frigate, not a battleship. Henderson is 196cm...hardly key position. Smith is 205cm...perhaps a Mason Cox like impact?

I find it disappointing to say the least seeing the insulting tones in a lot of Cats supporters' criticism of Tom. Of course its appropriate to express our disappointment at his lack of discipline but those of you flat out abusing him have NFI what it takes emotionally to play the kind of bullocking 120 minutes of controlled aggression required to compete in his position at the highest level. He will be absolutely gutted and it will take a herculean effort from his team-mates to get us in the GF and give him a chance at redemption, but FFS show some support and empathy for a champion Cats player!

Well said mate, he has given me personally years of enjoyment, watching him at his craft, unbelievable player best goal kicker in the comp hands down.

Pure footballer and a country boy too doesn’t get any better. I still remember when he killed the hawks on the siren I was there pure magic. And I know many pies fans can’t stand him after he ripped them to shreds in the 11 gf

I think Danger was getting into murky territory getting involved in this one as the AFLPA president. I imagine there’d be a few players not happy with that angle, that we want to let the good players play no matter what they do. Does he care more about Hawkins & Greene than Schofield & Bontempelli?

Maybe as the AFLPA prez. he should be getting players to talk about how they can get rid of all the bullcrap off the ball niggle and annoying off the ball stuff that wasn’t much a part of the game all that long ago, when it was a bit more player-policed and players were reluctant to do that stuff for fear of reprisals.

Disappointed the big fella is missing...on the bright side at least he can’t get rubbed out for the grand final, and he can go all Neil Balme now if he wants to.
the same bont who smashed a larynx for nil penalty
maybe the pres of collingwood should be limited in his agendas

hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back