Tom Hawkins v Josh J. Kennedy.

Who would you take at the start of their careers knowing what you know now?

• Tom Hawkins.

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Josh J Kennedy.

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
2 extremely talented KPFs with strikingly similar records/stats, who would you take at the start of their careers knowing what you know now?

Footywire comparison > https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=19&type=A&pid1=1759&pid2=1610&fid1=C&fid2=C

Hawkins > Games- 288. Goals- 628(per game 2.2). 1 x Premiership player. 9 x leading Cats goal kicker. 1 x Coleman medal. 3 x AA.

Kennedy > Games- 270. Goals- 669(per game- 2.5). 1 x Premiership player. 7 x leading Eagles goal kicker. 2 x Coleman medal. 3 x AA.

2 extremely talented KPFs with strikingly similar records/stats, who would you take at the start of their careers knowing what you know now?

Footywire comparison > https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=19&type=A&pid1=1759&pid2=1610&fid1=C&fid2=C

Hawkins > Games- 288. Goals- 628(per game 2.2). 1 x Premiership player. 9 x leading Cats goal kicker. 1 x Coleman medal. 3 x AA.

Kennedy > Games- 270. Goals- 669(per game- 2.5). 1 x Premiership player. 7 x leading Eagles goal kicker. 2 x Coleman medal. 3 x AA.

Hawkins has 2 premiership, 2009 and 2011.

Hawkins has been good his entire career. Kennedy has kicked more goals in a game before but Kennedy has gone missing a lot throughout his career.

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that Josh Kennedy is the greatest tall forward of the 2010s. The bloke's accuracy is phenomenal in an era when most forwards don't even seem to be practicing goal kicking anymore.
The Tomahawk is a gun but, since 2011, he just can't deliver in finals and has only deteriorated further. I'd take big Josh over baby oil arms any day of the week.

Hawkins.
Kennedy overrated. The closest thing to a throwback Full Forward in the league. Always plays close to goal and has benefited from West Coasts ridiculous efficiency moving the ball I50 over the past 10 years. Hawkins is a much better player overall.

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that Josh Kennedy is the greatest tall forward of the 2010s. The bloke's accuracy is phenomenal in an era when most forwards don't even seem to be practicing goal kicking anymore.
The Tomahawk is a gun but, since 2011, he just can't deliver in finals and has only deteriorated further. I'd take big Josh over baby oil arms any day of the week.

1630625618350.png

Then it is daylight to the next best. Per game he averages over 40% more disposals and 25% more goals than Kennedy.

An average season from Franklin is a very good season for any other tall forward.

Last edited:
Back