Bateman

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2005
Alfred Cove
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle United, East Perth
Is this guy likely to be picked up in 2013?
I believe he was over here recently training with the team, is he any good?
How big is he and at what level is he currently playing?
Any info and video of him would be appreciated

There are more qualified people on here who will chime in, but based on last years national U18 champ's reports I don't think he went very well at all, and may have even been dropped if I remember correctly.

There are more qualified people on here who will chime in, but based on last years national U18 champ's reports I don't think he went very well at all, and may have even been dropped if I remember correctly.

True, but he was a bottom age player in a s**t team. Hope he improves out of sight this year. There was another thread on this not long ago. Late last year he measured 195cm's and weighed 89Kg's. If we want him he has to be drafted this year.

Head has played 3 games in the NEAFL for the Hills Eagles. Kicked one goal in those three games, not in the bests in any game so far.

Playing against men in what is a reasonable league.

No idea where Moller is at the moment. Not playing for GWS. Who does he play for if he can´t crack a game with them?

True, but he was a bottom age player in a s**t team. Hope he improves out of sight this year. There was another thread on this not long ago. Late last year he measured 195cm's and weighed 89Kg's. If we want him he has to be drafted this year.

195cm, 89kg... Nice size for a 17yo. Take him @ Pick 100+ let Lyon and Suma see if they can develop him.

Head has played 3 games in the NEAFL for the Hills Eagles. Kicked one goal in those three games, not in the bests in any game so far.

Playing against men in what is a reasonable league.

No idea where Moller is at the moment. Not playing for GWS. Who does he play for if he can´t crack a game with them?

No, no Head isn't playing against "men, and the fact he can't even crack the bests for Hills Eagles is a fair indicator of how much further he needs to go to justify us picking him up as a rookie, ahead of the likes of Spurr, Roberts, Magner etc who will all be out there as ready to go mature players in proven, high intensity multi round WAFL/SANFL/VFL comps.

As to Moller, suffice to say he also isn't "playing against men" - and also he is already the key young target for GWS - as I've said on here before, he's gone, it's just a question of what we can get for him if anything.

195cm, 89kg... Nice size for a 17yo. Take him @ Pick 100+ let Lyon and Suma see if they can develop him.

If Head manages to show anything at all in the next 15 or so weeks GWS will come under huge pressure to take him - they are under substantial pressure from a range of sources up here to prove they can produce local talent at the same rate as the Swans, especially as the Swans academy has already been so successful with Roos at the helm. There are virtually no other Western Sydney affiliated scholarship players with AFL clubs other than Tallie Dreads and Heads - if either show any promise this year then Vlad will get them to GWS. Done deal.

BTW, having seen both of them multiple times, I think many on here rate them (especially poor Craig) as semi super human AFL ready players, when in fact they are under-experienced, lightly framed non-AFL state junior players who should be applauded for even having a go.

Good luck to both of them - but I suspect if they show much they will be snaffled by GWS. If that gets us a few extra draft picks, it isn't a bad end result.

Is this guy likely to be picked up in 2013?
I believe he was over here recently training with the team, is he any good?
How big is he and at what level is he currently playing?
Any info and video of him would be appreciated
That'd be 2012 wouldn't it?

Sounds like a good size but it also sounds like that's where the good stuff ends. Based purely on the BF gossip about him, I don't think he'll be drafted.

No, no Head isn't playing against "men, and the fact he can't even crack the bests for Hills Eagles is a fair indicator of how much further he needs to go to justify us picking him up as a rookie, ahead of the likes of Spurr, Roberts, Magner etc who will all be out there as ready to go mature players in proven, high intensity multi round WAFL/SANFL/VFL comps.

As to Moller, suffice to say he also isn't "playing against men" - and also he is already the key young target for GWS - as I've said on here before, he's gone, it's just a question of what we can get for him if anything.

If Head manages to show anything at all in the next 15 or so weeks GWS will come under huge pressure to take him - they are under substantial pressure from a range of sources up here to prove they can produce local talent at the same rate as the Swans, especially as the Swans academy has already been so successful with Roos at the helm. There are virtually no other Western Sydney affiliated scholarship players with AFL clubs other than Tallie Dreads and Heads - if either show any promise this year then Vlad will get them to GWS. Done deal.

BTW, having seen both of them multiple times, I think many on here rate them (especially poor Craig) as semi super human AFL ready players, when in fact they are under-experienced, lightly framed non-AFL state junior players who should be applauded for even having a go.

Good luck to both of them - but I suspect if they show much they will be snaffled by GWS. If that gets us a few extra draft picks, it isn't a bad end result.

My understanding is we have first right as our NSW scholarship. Surely GWS would have taken Witts from the pies by your logic? We get first right of refusal to draft him onto senior list so can take him with our last pick if we like, same as Molloer. Without derailing a thread surely we can't trade a player for picks that we haven't even listed?
Also i thought This is the last year of the scholarship system to ensure that they get special dispensation to recruit within NSW(similar to QLD clubs)?

Witts preferred to go to Collingwood. If he rejected their offer GWS could of gotten him. People are different but if I were a young 14-15 year old playing footy in a state that it is not huge in and I was given a scholarship from a club that included funds, advice, equipment, travel etc I would give them first dibbs.

Witts preferred to go to Collingwood. If he rejected their offer GWS could of gotten him. People are different but if I were a young 14-15 year old playing footy in a state that it is not huge in and I was given a scholarship from a club that included funds, advice, equipment, travel etc I would give them first dibbs.

Yes I would too. But staying with family would also have some appeal.

The other factor is that while a player can renege on the scholarship, my understanding is that unspecified penalties can be imposed. That is up to the AFL, who may well be happy for him to go to GWS, but surely if that was the case as BeingPurpleandParanoid is suggesting, then NOW would be the time to renege on the scholarship rather than later in the year. There would be far less controversy.

People can say what they like on an open forum but facts are facts. Head is playing in the NEAFL against Swans reserves, Gold Coast reserves, Lions reserves, NT Thunder and Canberra district first grade teams. These are mens teams.

In his first game for GWS NEAFL he played against Seaby and Pyke. Not men? Did okay.

Under the NSW Scholarship rules the only Fremantle can lose Head or Moller is if they don't offer a full list spot. If they offer a rookie or nothing then the boys can go in the draft or be traded.

Head is in Swans academy zone and training with them once a week. If the Swans academy team is going so well how come the GWS academy team beat them 149 -24 in the U18 trial a few weeks ago and the 16's by 30+. If they don't go to Freo then by having scholarship contracts they have to go into the draft and are not zone selections to either the Swans or GWS.

How many 17 year old are AFL ready players, especially talls? Moller was in GWS Academy camp over Easter preparing for the Nationals. He ran a 2.8 seconds 20m sprint and a 8.3 agility. (fastest there) 204cm and 82kg. He was pulled out by GWS because of knee tendonitis. The NSW coaches are hoping to have him ready for the Nationals.

Fremantle can only get draft picks or players for them if they don't offer a full list spot. Both would probably accept Rookie spots, if good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a small update. Tom is now listed as 196cm's and 92Kg's compared to 195cm's and 89Kg's last year. I so hope he plays well in the under 18 champs because he certainly has the dimensions to play straight away. Not expecting too much though.

Just a small update. Tom is now listed as 196cm's and 92Kg's compared to 195cm's and 89Kg's last year. I so hope he plays well in the under 18 champs because he certainly has the dimensions to play straight away. Not expecting too much though.

What a unit. How old is he again?

So can we draft these guys where ever we like, or does it work like the "father-son" rules?

Apparently, if we offer them a spot on the main list then they are obliged to play for us or they will receive a penalty of some sort. If we want them on the rookie list or not at all, we can trade or receive picks. That's what I read on the draft thread, if it is wrong someone will pull me up.

So we take these guys (Head & Moller) with the last couple of picks in the draft, and use the first couple for best available/KPPs/Mids/Whatever.
Sounds like it could be a good year for us then.:thumbsu:

So we take these guys (Head & Moller) with the last couple of picks in the draft, and use the first couple for best available/KPPs/Mids/Whatever.
Sounds like it could be a good year for us then.:thumbsu:

By all reports Moller is a good get and a bonus for a late pick. Can't get much info on Head (potential wise). If we want to rookie him he can refuse apparently and then we can trade or swap picks afaik.
Was hoping Salim Malik could give us an insight on how he has been looking down at Freo training.

Ideally, if they are worthy, we would put them both on the rookie list. This can be done, as I remember Geelong doing it, but they would need to agree to it. Even if they were draft worthy they would still be long-term prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back