CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
What are everyone's expectations for the Hickster going into 2019? Given our ruck situation, the unfair quality of ruckman that he is, and what we're aiming for (B2B), what would be a pass mark for him in 2019?

Personally, anything short of having an award named after him next year is a near impossibility. So, in that sense, I think that a perfect season is an inevitability.

Last edited:

You wanna know what i expect?

Not this

1529583545998_GLC1MGHBE.1-2.png

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
We underestimated lycett + vardy and overestimated Nic Nat

Vardy + Lycett = A-
Nic Nat = A

Vardy + hickey = B+ at best

So honestly as good as Petrie or peak Jono Giles

I think Hickey will be solid. Seems to have a bit of forward craft and I think he will be serviceable jn the ruck.

Might take him a little while to wrap his head around the expected follow up work at the stoppages. St Kilda seemed to embrace the Ruckman as a pot plant stand philosophy.

I can't see him really working as a tagging ruck though. Hickey doesn't seem to have that temperament. I am not sure what he will do to try and negate the Gawns and Grundys of the league.

Pottering

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Redlegs), Hiroshima Carp
Expectations quite low. Has shown not a lot at the Saints and couldn't hold down a regular spot there. Would love to be proven wrong.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
It will be interesting how he goes in a good side, He's played for two of the weakest sides since he was drafted and rucks take time. He had some minor injuries holding him back in the last season or two.

He is now playing for a club who wants him and as a ruck at 27 entering his prime. Good runner who has come out and shown early he isnt afraid of hard work.

Fingers crossed he improves and takes his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wadsworth

Fold the Eagles
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What are everyone's expectations for the Hickster going into 2019? Given our ruck situation, the unfair quality of ruckman that he is, and what we're aiming for (B2B), what would be a pass mark for him in 2019?

Personally, anything short of having an award named after him next year is a near impossibility. So, in that sense, I think that a perfect season is an inevitability.

How do you foresee his 2019 season compared to LeCras' last season?

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
How do you foresee his 2019 season compared to LeCras' last season?

While LeGod's last season was the single greatest 22 games of football ever seen, I expect the Hickster to reach a level that will have some calling him better than Judd; not even reminding people of, but actually dominating so much that even the great man himself will admit that his Hicklows were undeserved.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wouldn't mind seeing Vardy partnered with Brooksby this season tbh

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
My expectations are not high in all honesty. As long as he does not completely suck, I can live with that.

Back