Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Id take a fraser mcinness flag over a nn early finals exit too

Not really sure what you mean though.
People have this thing about NN over team success.

I said it last year.

I dont care what 22 guys run out and play as long as they win.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
If Hickey stayed as involved in the contest as he did yesterday in every game he played he would be ahead of Vardy in the pecking order.Long,long way to go but you have to love seeing your big man doing a lot of running and pack work.Another recruiting masterclass!

If Hickey stayed as involved in the contest as he did yesterday in every game he played he would be ahead of Vardy in the pecking order.Long,long way to go but you have to love seeing your big man doing a lot of running and pack work.Another recruiting masterclass!

Will take a bit of time to completely de-St Kilda him. Got caught impersonating a statue a few times as he ball watched. Richo seems big on the ruckman tapping and then getting out of the way. He was probably angered by Tom's clearance numbers and wanted him gonski.

I reckon he will start to clunk a few as well as he gets some confidence up.

Thiccy strikes me as someone who was constantly told to be careful of the smaller children when playing as he grew up. Hopefully time with Naita and Vardy will fill him with some good natured blood lust in due course.

wooshwhisperer

Senior List
Sep 13, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
If Hickey melds with the team like Vardy did last year and lifts to the same level then he will have met expectations... and he seems committed.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
He'll probably play the first month that NN's back but he's lack of forward craft would hurt his chances after that. Vardy a much better forward threat.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
He'll probably play the first month that NN's back but he's lack of forward craft would hurt his chances after that. Vardy a much better forward threat.
Actually if Hickey had a highlights package it would probably show him clunking some good grabs,and he is a good set shot from memory.If a ruckman is prepared to work his arse off around the ground thats as;or more;important than forward craft.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Will take a bit of time to completely de-St Kilda him. Got caught impersonating a statue a few times as he ball watched. Richo seems big on the ruckman tapping and then getting out of the way. He was probably angered by Tom's clearance numbers and wanted him gonski.

I reckon he will start to clunk a few as well as he gets some confidence up.

Thiccy strikes me as someone who was constantly told to be careful of the smaller children when playing as he grew up. Hopefully time with Naita and Vardy will fill him with some good natured blood lust in due course.
Anybody that uses "bloodlust" in a completed sentence, has my stamp of approval!!

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Kicked that first goal outta the ruck on his left-foot!

What a gun!

(assuming he's a right footer!)

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Actually if Hickey had a highlights package it would probably show him clunking some good grabs,and he is a good set shot from memory.If a ruckman is prepared to work his arse off around the ground thats as;or more;important than forward craft.
Seen em but vards is a KPF turned ruckmen. He knows how to play as a forward and for big guy moves a lot better than Hickey does. Hickey won't play unless NN is on restricted minutes.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seen em but vards is a KPF turned ruckmen. He knows how to play as a forward and for big guy moves a lot better than Hickey does. Hickey won't play unless NN is on restricted minutes.
Never say never ;Avishka! If Hickey gives 100% on a regular basis and the team is thriving why would you drop him [ all hypothetical of course ] We've all seen instances of a big bloke cracking in hard and the whole team gets behind him.Then a star comes back in and replaces him.The star is a more talented player but [A] takes time to find his feet and is more skilful but does the "craft" not the "crunch".Teams can often lose momentum in that case because you take away the big body who was leading your grunt work.Yes i know;thats a lonnng way from happening.I would love to see NN come back and play primarily as a forward.It would be easier on his knees and with the new rules freeing up space,good luck to anybody in a one on one with NN.

Back