Tom Hickey 'managed'

Remove this Banner Ad

Over dramatic post by Joffa. He's been good the past few months but his old self is rearing it's ugly head. Richo basically said Hickey was out of form. People on BigFooty love to exaggerate everything.
Wow. Irony bypass.

Dont let a bit of fun get in the way of the serious business of football.

Glen Buterol and VDS got the joke.

Maybe lighten up and take it in the context of the past 24 hours.

Nice to know you think I have been "good", considering I have only seen your nic lately, I assume you were someone else.

Absolutely agree (but as Richardson agreed it was form related as well). Some posters however proceeded to make an issue of why that would never happen and it was a very silly idea (and effectively the posters were silly as well).

This lead to the former laying out a case why it wasn't a silly idea.

Then club came out effectively endorsing the idea.

La di da....

As shakespeare says... much ado about nothing
Our two main rucks (Hickey and Longer) are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Both have their fans and their critics amongst us here.
Who ever gets picked if they happen to play a couple of good games then the other ruck playing for Sandy should be traded.
But as soon as the one playing for the Saints has a bit of a quiet game then he is now no good as well.
If the club didnt use the correct terminology to as whether Hickey was actually 'rested' or 'dropped' it isnt the end of the world. Longer goes alright. Hickey goes alright.
Are they Goldstein at his peak? No. But in ruck terms they are both pretty young.
If Billy doesnt make the most of this opportunity im sure Hickey will be back in the side.
Its all pretty simple really:thumbsu:

I think Holmes sh!ts all over Longer and Hickey anyway - you guys don't know what you're talking about!

giphy.gif

fad630cfcb68682fbb7e6fc5ab226e71.gif

Marshall will be better than all of them. Boom

I hope he continues on the same trajectory and ends up being that fwd/2nd ruck. I think he is a big reason why one of Hickey/Longer will go, (leaving Pierce and Marshall as backup along with Holmes for maybe one more year)

Hearing Hickey is shattered by the treatment of him by the club and will actively seek a trade at year end.
Especially galling is the public humiliation by the coach.

The Longer lovers better hope he kicks on or doesnt get severly injured once Tom has gone, as our quality rucks will be very thin on the ground.
High risk move by Richardson to openly favour one player. May cost us big time.

If this is irony, then I missed it :straining: My bad.
Sometimes it's hard to tell when there's "no tone of voice", just like texting.
Considering the Hickey vs Longer debate has been such a heated one, perhaps the use of a ;) or something would be helpful?

...Or maybe I just needed a reminder that most of what we post here is BS and I shouldn't take anything seriously :)

Last edited:
Wow. Irony bypass.

Nice to know you think I have been "good", considering I have only seen your nic lately, I assume you were someone else.
Dr Joffa and Mr Hyde...back in the naughty corner!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Irony bypass.

Ok

Considering the Hickey vs Longer debate has been such a heated one, perhaps the use of a ;) or something would be helpful?

...Or maybe I just needed a reminder that most of what we post here is BS and I shouldn't take anything seriously :)
Yeah maybe should have. Thought the first sentance wad a dead giveaway but it was me who wrote it so easy to assume others would see it that way.

It was in line with Glen Buterol's post about the Hickster never playing for ths Saints again etc.

Oh well no biggie, heat needs to be out of the discussion.

Our whole board are semi-trolls tbh.

Visitors from our supporter basis must be like wtf.

Over dramatic post by Joffa. He's been good the past few months but his old self is rearing it's ugly head. Richo basically said Hickey was out of form. People on BigFooty love to exaggerate everything.
I thought Joffa was being funny, but after you got defensive now I'm thinking there are issues.

Dont get the big deal about being 'managed'.
He plays in the ruck where 2 huge blokes knee each other in the guts all day.
He is probably sore.
Managed, rested, freshened up . Meh .

The Roos and Carltank did the same thing this week.

If Hickey needs to build up his guts to help him cope with the battering then I suggest he spend more time playing world of warcraft while drinking beer. It seems to have worked well for Billy!

If Hickey needs to build up his guts to help him cope with the battering then I suggest he spend more time playing world of warcraft while drinking beer. It seems to have worked well for Billy!

Yes!

Retire them ALL Marshall sole ruckman on list.

Yes!

Retire them ALL Marshall sole ruckman on list.
Ruck Lonie on top of Gresham. Their midfield pressure would be first rate.

IMG_2761.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back