Traded Tom Hickey

Remove this Banner Ad

14039936_10154088247003183_923790321644220953_n.jpg

Even if he had the urge to go back to Queensland, he could only rejoin the basketcase he left or the other basketcase.

Yep I can't see him wanting to go back to the club he was traded from - and I can't see many people wanting to go to the Lions. Although they have attracted some pretty reasonable players in Beams, Christensen, Hanley the last couple years.

I think Hickey's pretty safe at the Saints, I love it when players say they love it at the club and have formed great friendships.

Just hope we get more 'Gettin Hickey with it' this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was pulled out of Sandys side against the Bulldogs on Sunday after Longer coped a knock to his hammy during Saturday nights game against Tigers . Will be on standby if Longer doesn't get up for Friday nights game against Bombers. If he does get to play he must take his chance and dominate if he wants to hold his spot .

Was pulled out of Sandys side against the Bulldogs on Sunday after Longer coped a knock to his hammy during Saturday nights game against Tigers . Will be on standby if Longer doesn't get up for Friday nights game against Bombers. If he does get to play he must take his chance and dominate if he wants to hold his spot .
Gonna need to be something special really, Billy was tremendous on the weekend. Don't see Hick holding his spot.

Gonna need to be something special really, Billy was tremendous on the weekend. Don't see Hick holding his spot.

You don't think you are going a bit over board in saying he was tremendous when all he did was beat the opposing player in hitouts and broke even in disposals . Are we just so used to bad performances that he has a fairly good one and people are saying he was tremendous!!

You don't think you are going a bit over board in saying he was tremendous when all he did was beat the opposing player in hitouts and broke even in disposals . Are we just so used to bad performances that he has a fairly good one and people are saying he was tremendous!!
Potentially, but Nankervis is a pretty strong ruckman so I thought it was a very good performance.

He played a key role in the midfield demolition

Potentially, but Nankervis is a pretty strong ruckman so I thought it was a very good performance.

He played a key role in the midfield demolition

I can't argue , he did play well

Shocking game for Hickey, back to the seconds for him. Essendon was just two strong .

He won some of his ruck contests against a much bigger opponent, but was generally beaten. ( I think Hickey is only around 90Kg).
He won more of the ball ( contested possessions and clearances ) than most of his so called "inside mid" teammates. That's not Essendon being too strong.
What let him down was his use of the ball, it was like all his instincts were up the crapper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back