Traded Tom Hickey [traded with #34 & #60 to Sydney for #58, #62, 2021 R2 (Port), R3]

Who won this trade?

• West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin should be exceptionally cheap given where he’s at at atm. Obviously no guarantees but he’s far less of a commitment than 3 years to hickey

Martin looks cooked - hence why he’s sitting there without a contract waiting to see if Brisbane retain him.

I don’t think Hickey is much chop but I wouldn’t say he is ‘done’ as a passable ruck option - I’d rather just hold onto him instead of Vardy but if he wants out, you could do worse for what will be a reasonably low cost. He’d want 2 years I would assume.

They can‘t. I suggested a future 3rd. The Swans have two academy selections, which are predicted to receive high bids in this draft. For example, if Campbell goes at pick 5 & Gulden at pick 15 (1878pts)+(1112) = (2990), then excluding their pick 3 they will go into deficit.
2990 - 20% (598) = 2392 - 1102 (24, 57 & 61) = 1290 deficit. This is equivalent to pick 12! I suspect Sydney will trade their 2021 first to somebody or trade a player. WC only have 941 points in total.
Gulden won't go that low and you also didn’t factor in the discount.

Honestly - i dont think we need to be worried about a deficit. This year will be the easiest to get points ever, as everyone is concerned with no exposed form and next year being touted as a "excellent year". We will flip pick 24 and 2021 3rd rounder into enough points with ease.

I don't understand the attraction for Sydney. He's bloody average. Top bloke though.

Worth a 5th rounder or a fresh packet of chips.

Hes a stop gap, we think Naismith is our #1 ruck just haven't been able to keep him on the park.

Sinclair battles hard but gets smashed, hard to develop good young mids (which we think we have) when you are reliant on reading the opposition ruck.
Hickey helps give Sinclair a chop out, which in turn helps our developing midfield, at the moment if Sinclair goes down we kinda have nothing...

Yep 4/5th rounder would probably get it done normally, but hes contracted so we'll likely pay overs, might offload our future second or third on the knowledge that we are likely to have a 2nd round deficit anyway after we match Gulden...

Gulden won't go that low and you also didn’t factor in the discount.
Ye I did include the discount. (20% or 598pts) I took that off the top of my head. I’m no draft expert. Do you mean he won’t go that high? Yes, I rechecked the draft consensus (15 - 31) & I’ve got him high. Pick 31 is a 483point difference so it’s still a sizeable deficit. The live draft is a bit mad, so one never knows, so teams might throw an extra 800 odd points Sydneys way.

Last edited:
Which is why I think we will trade for points. His value is 40ish - which Eagles fans agree. So I think it will be something like 24 and 57 traded for Hickey, 33 and 54.

Also he wants to move for family reasons and is a back-up ruckman........

Can't see Eagles playing hard-ball here.

Hickey was happy to stay loves being at WCE but and only because Sydney have been speaking to him , he has said he is happy to go back over East ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find the draft rules confusing.
Is it true you can only match with the number of selections teams put on their list?
So if Sydney bring 3 players onto their list, they can only accumulate 3 picks to reduce their deficit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ye I did include the discount. (20% or 598pts) I took that off the top of my head. I’m no draft expert. Do you mean he won’t go that high? Yes, I rechecked the draft consensus (15 - 31) & I’ve got him high. Pick 31 is a 483point difference so it’s still a sizeable deficit.

Yeah your numbers seem right to me.
At a guess I'd say we will trade our 2nd or 3rd next year for points this year.

I find the draft rules confusing.
Is it true you can only match with the number of selections teams put on their list?
So if Sydney bring 3 players onto their list, they can only accumulate 3 picks to reduce their deficit?

Yes can only match with spots on list available.
We have 5 delisted currently, but have 5 or 6 others who are currently without contract so wouldnt be too concerned about what picks we can use.

Has there been any other case with 4 club players that have lived in 4 different states?

Hickey is a true journeyman.

GC > St Kilda > WC > Syd*

I think the 4 different states is the big difference here, I'm pretty sure there is a 5 club player, and a couple of 4 club players, but they have bounced around some Melbourne teams and haven't covered the country.

Has there been any other case with 4 club players that have lived in 4 different states?

Hickey is a true journeyman.

GC > St Kilda > WC > Syd*

In all honesty it says alot about his professionalism and attitude. Most people dont get to this because they dont have the fight in them and or they burn too many bridges on the way.

Back