Player Watch Tom Jok

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt there is room for ANYBODY to be taken with a live ND pick. Not without some unexpected delistings. We have three academy players in the pipeline plus Roughead and Beams already, and the promotion of Thomas (assuming we dont promote Mihocek).

Thats six spots we need to create just to make room for the newbies. And after losing Fas and dropping Broomy to the rookie list , that leaves four more to go, five if we want a live pick.
Weve traded to have a 5th pick for academy points. There will be 5 senior list vacancies going in to the ND. With Mihocek, broomhead, appleby, lynch and it sounds like one of the Irish, we'll already have 5 on the rookie list, which means one of the 5 list vacancies will be used on adding broomhead. That leaves 4 vacancies, 3 in the national draft and one that we can use either in the ND or the rookie draft.

Last edited:
Weve traded to have a 5th pick for academy points. There will be 5 senior list vacancies going in to the ND. With Mihocek, broomhead, appleby, lynch and it sounds like one of the Irish, we'll already have 5 on the rookie list, which means one of the 5 list vacancies will be used on adding broomhead. That leaves 4 vacancies, 3 in the national draft and one that we can use either in the ND or the rookie draft.

Yes and those three ND picks will be the academy players?

So we have no ND picks left (unless we run a bigger list than last season by one, and one less rookie)

Yes and those three ND picks will be the academy players?

So we have no ND picks left (unless we run a bigger list than last season by one, and one less rookie)
My maths is different to yours. I've got us as having 4 rookies alreadt, Broomhead will make it 5. After 3 national draft picks we have a pick left that could be used either in the nd or the rd. If we keep it for the rookie draft, we will be going in with 38 and 6 rookies - one more than last year. I personally think they'll keep their options open. If there is someone at the end of the national draft that they're keen on they'll take him in the national draft.

My maths is different to yours. I've got us as having 4 rookies alreadt, Broomhead will make it 5. After 3 national draft picks we have a pick left that could be used either in the nd or the rd. If we keep it for the rookie draft, we will be going in with 38 and 6 rookies - one more than last year. I personally think they'll keep their options open. If there is someone at the end of the national draft that they're keen on they'll take him in the national draft.

I’m keeping it simple...players out, players in.

Really? I actually think his kicking is one of his better attributes, along with the ability to rip in a freakish mark with some degree of consistency.

It's most of the rest of his game that I don't rate highly. Can only be a flanker type in the AFL for his size and will get bossed around physically. Doesn't have the burst required for this role. You don't want blokes who are impressive every now and then at AFL level. Need blokes who can rack numbers consistently, kick bags, be reliable intercepts or jump on grenades. Jok has none of that from my point of view.

Hope he gets drafted and proves me wrong though. Just wouldn't draft him myself!

I probably saw maybe 4-5 of his games and I cant think of ever thinking to myself he is a good kick. Granted though some of the conditions those games were played in were awful.

Wouldn't mind adding him as a rookie but not sure we are going to have the rookie list spots available to bring him in.

Rookie list is going to be Broomhead, Lynch, Appleby, one of the Irish lads and maybe Mihocek (if we leave him there). Maybe 1 live rookie pick at most.

Has Daicos signed?

There's been no official news that either Daicos or Mihocek have re-signed but a few unconfirmed rumours that they have deals in front of them that will be sorted out once our draft/list position becomes more certain.

I think out of all our unsigned players Greenwood and McLarty are the ones in most danger of not being offered new deals.

There's been no official news that either Daicos or Mihocek have re-signed but a few unconfirmed rumours that they have deals in front of them that will be sorted out once our draft/list position becomes more certain.

I think out of all our unsigned players Greenwood and McLarty are the ones in most danger of not being offered new deals.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/10...ositive-update-on-greenwood's-magpies-future/

I think like Daicos and Mihocek, the Pig has an offer on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't hurt to get a bit stronger too (note not bigger but stronger). See his one v ones vs McGovern et el, which at times he is required to play on (threw him round like a rag doll).
True, but I don't know if being able to match it with MacGovern is a realistic goal. The guy is a champion. Best mark of the footy that I've ever seen.

I never really had an opinion of him as I don't watch Eagles games.
Having seen what he did to us in 3 games this year - he's a gun.
I reckon he's the most influential player in the league, as he causes teams to change their game style. I don't think anyone else in the league does that.

Hoping to have some inside info re Tom tomorrow whether he is on our Clubs radar for 2019.

Apparently St.Kilda has invited him to train with them.

I'd probably take that opportunity if I was him. Not sure we are going to have a live rookie pick now with the way our rookie list is likely to be set up next year.
I'm pretty sure we won't have one, and only 3 ND additions. All 3 of those may already be dedicated elsewhere.

Love to be able to add this kid but just can't see how we can. That finals performance showed just what he can do.

Last edited:
Love to be able to add this kid but just can't see how we can. That finals performances showed just what he can do.

Our best chance of getting Jok onto our list is probably via the mid season rookie draft next year to take Murray's spot.

That would be reliant on Jok missing out on selection anywhere else during this draft period and Murray getting deregistered between now and next season.

Our best chance of getting Jok onto our list is probably via the mid season rookie draft next year to take Murray's spot.

That would be reliant on Jok missing out on selection anywhere else during this draft period and Murray getting deregistered between now and next season.

I don't think he'll survive the national draft. Time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back