Player Watch Tom Jok

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess I was right when I said I would not of Drafted him last year

Gone a bit early Dave. Aliir didn't even debut until his 3rd year in the system and only managed 16 games across his 1st 4 years. Daw similarly didn't debut until his 3rd year and only managed 15 games across his 1st 5 years. Chol debuted in his 1st season, played 1 game, then had to wait another 2 years before getting more time this year. These Sudanese kids take time. It'll be the next generations coming through that'll hit the ground running.

Gone a bit early Dave. Aliir didn't even debut until his 3rd year in the system and only managed 16 games across his 1st 4 years. Daw similarly didn't debut until his 3rd year and only managed 15 games across his 1st 5 years. Chol debuted in his 1st season, played 1 game, then had to wait another 2 years before getting more time this year. These Sudanese kids take time. It'll be the next generations coming through that'll hit the ground running.

I would only take Jok as a Rookie. Don't think he be Ready Yet for Senior Spot.

Best for him be a Cat-B Rookie but sadly can't do that

On a one game assessment Johnathon Brown wouldn’t have played a second. Didn’t register a stat. Nor Graham Gooch another test, he got a pair.

If that is true then it is plain stupid.

Without double checking, I think that game was a dead rubber for the Dons. I reckon they were doing him a favour and giving a guy they knew they were delisting the experience of having played a senior game.

they rookie listed him, hardly an investment.

It's only cheap in terms of TPP ($120,000-150,000). Although now that he's delisted that doesn't even cover the opportunity (lost) cost of potentially unearthing someone else at the pick he was taken. On top of that (and just off the top of my head) he'd also account for 1/44th of FD expenditure (approx $200,000-220,000), there'd be food costs, there'd uniforms, there'd be medical costs, there'd be payments for promotional work undertaken for the club. Would all add up to quite a substantial investment.

It's only cheap in terms of TPP ($120,000-150,000). Although now that he's delisted that doesn't even cover the opportunity (lost) cost of potentially unearthing someone else at the pick he was taken. On top of that (and just off the top of my head) he'd also account for 1/44th of FD expenditure (approx $200,000-220,000), there'd be food costs, there'd uniforms, there'd be medical costs, there'd be payments for promotional work undertaken for the club. Would all add up to quite a substantial investment.
errr.. How would it cost anymore than recruiting someone else with a rookie pick? It was basically the smallest investment they could make outside of a cat A/B player

You have to pay for someone. It cost the minimum. Rookies are only speculative.

errr.. How would it cost anymore than recruiting someone else with a rookie pick? It was basically the smallest investment they could make outside of a cat A/B player

Errrr, how does that relate to "hardly an investment"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to pay for someone. It cost the minimum. Rookies are only speculative.

But it's still a substantial investment. At a minimum, I'd guess something north of $400k.

They would have spent that money anyway on someone equally unlikely. So really they lost nothing apart from that particular gamble not panning out.

I'm not saying they wouldn't, I was simply responding to a post that said it was "hardly and investment". You're the 1 taking the conversation on tangents.

Same goes for all rookies then and how many rookies actually make it? Probably 10%.

Not sure how many time I need to say it but just for your benefit...

wash, rinse, repeat....

I saw this kid in a couple of VFL games, I think that he could be something. He is certainly better than Majak with more upside.

Just MHO.

I am with you.

Will he learn “footy smarts”.......maybe.

Is kicking a skill that can be improved........absolutely.

Watching him is a game of extremes.....would love to watch him again in our VFL team if he wants it enough.

Without double checking, I think that game was a dead rubber for the Dons. I reckon they were doing him a favour and giving a guy they knew they were delisting the experience of having played a senior game.

Anything but. Win and they finish potentially with a home final. Lose and go west to meet reigning premiers.

Anything but. Win and they finish potentially with a home final. Lose and go west to meet reigning premiers.
You have to finish top 6 for a chance of a home final, i didn't think that was possible. I can't fully remember, and i couldn't be bothered looking it up, but I thought their ladder position was locked?

because it is a small investment and most rookies are only give a year or two??

Sorry, I don't live in a world where a total cost for 1 year of likely something like $400k is a small investment so I just can't understand your view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back