News Tom Jonas sole captain for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

🤔 I thought if going for a sole captain you guys would’ve gone with Hartlett?
Wasn’t there rumours of the sort a little while back?
A good decision still, Jonas seems the better leader than Wines

Tredders is announcing that Jonas will be sole Captain as early as tomorrow and Jonas will wear No1.

Thanks for nothing Hinkley. That was a ******* waste of time and the destruction of a 149 year tradition for fu** all you twat.

History may recall you and your Chairman mate as great visionaries but that is not how I will remember you.

I have mixed emotions about this, part of me is happy that we are returning to one Captain but another part of me is saying, 'what the * did they destroy a 149 year old tradition for?'

This one year fiasco proves that Hinkley and Koch have no ******* idea what the Port Adelaide Football Club is really about. I am still very angry about what has happened and will never forgive Hinkley for what he has done. Hinkley is a blow in but Koch should have known better and we are in deep s**t while this guy is running the show.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Geez I am angry.

Last edited:
Papa G's inside sauce on the source was bang on the money.

It's a shitshow but arguably better than going in with co-captains again. Jonas can fail in 2020 and we'll probably then be able to get back to a real captain and forget this ever happened.

2021 looking the goods

Just finished dinner +desert while watching ch7 news, mmm yummy.

Good appointments, club knows best. Yes I am a happy clapper and proud of it 👏. I stood up and clapped at my screen while reading Warren Treadmills tweet. I will always back the coach and clap for him and the club. Jonas did a good job this year.

👏 👏 👏

Maybe we can just ignore 2019 like that season of Dallas where Bobby died and they wrote off the next year as a dream sequence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay one captain

Boo choosing the guy who said multiple times this year that he was happy he was a co captain because he wouldn't have been able to deal with the pressure of doing it solo.

Also probably a low-key confirmation the Ollie wants out rumours are true.

Also 3rd point. Shows the club well and truly knew what it was doing leaving the co-captain announcement until as late as possible before the start of the 2019 season when compared to how early this announcement is.

Good, return to one captain! Hopefully people will get behind Tom.

look he's been very much less than impressive so far. but "co-captains" is such an awful idea that maybe he can improve as sole captain. i usually enjoy his writing and he's definitely got a brain.. let's see what he can do

So glad they ****ed our 150year tradition for one year without the forsight to realise the 150th was around the corner and going into that year with co-captains was never an option.

In actual fact. Co captains should never have been an option.

Wow. Admission that 2 captains was a s**t move or took it from Ollie for shopping himself around and wanting to f off. I'll go #2

s**t call ever having co-captains, I'm happy with Jonas doing it solo and think he'll do a fine job.

Jonas shopped himself to Sydney recently too lmao
Eh he was out of contract and was underpaid for the form he was in at the time.
Completely different to Ollie who shopped himself around while being signed to a long term Contract making him the highest paid played in PAFC history... also while being co-captain.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good.
Back to one captain at least and after Ollie sounded out Carlton, his position as captain was untenable.

Yeah there was an item in this morning's press that reported that Port are looking to trade into a first round pick to help secure Taj Scofield and Lachlan Jones. It looks a strong bet that Ollie Wines will be part of the deal. Wines approached Carlton, we are looking to improve our hand in the 2021 Draft and now Wines will not be Co Captain in 2020. The pieces are falling into place.

Eh he was out of contract and was underpaid for the form he was in at the time.
Completely different to Ollie who shopped himself around while being signed to a long term Contract making him the highest paid played in PAFC history... also while being co-captain.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

We also tried to trade Jonas a few seasons back but could not find a suitor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back