LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
For a club that's putting so much stock on celebrating our 150 years, it's beyond puzzling that they tore-up such a core tradition last year.

I'm not giving the club too much credit for reversing a decision that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

it's because they were too gutless to make a call either way last season being afraid of getting the call wrong.

just like they were too gutless in sacking Ken before his latest contract.

Because he's not Tom Jonas.
We doing snide answers?

- Because Hartlett occasionally makes a play on field
- Because Hartlett loves Port Adelaide
- Because Hartlett doesn’t hate the fans
- Because Hartlett actually made an All Australian team once (2008 u18)

I’m sure theres more, and I don’t even want Hartlett as captain.

And he’s sexy AF.

261912_f29f92c3fd667b8b10e073550bc4d8e7.jpg

This picture triggered me hard. Not by Hartlett being captain, but by seeing Darryl Borlase being not only listed as a former captain but also being listed as a premiership captain

Yet we have no rights to his super talented son due to some f’ed up "technicality" meaning he goes to our arch enemy who really have no ******* right to have him at all

fu** that s**t

He doesn't have to go to Adelaide. He can reject their NGA proposal and go to the open draft.

Or he can go to Adelaide for two years and then demand to be traded to Port and we give them something s**t like a fifth round pick. That works for me too.

How is it a compromise?

We've moved to correct the poor decision to anoint co-captains.
Isn't that what we wanted?

If we'd gone with Jonas as sole captain at the beginning of this season, we'd still have Jonas as captain now and very few would have an issue with that.

Amen to that

Sneeky

Club Legend
May 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd
Glad it’s gone, and although I don’t see Jonas being our long term captain, I’m willing to back him in for the year. Besides Boak stepping back in, or Lycett, I can’t see too many obvious choices.

Well, at least we now have the leadership positions filled completely by people who hate the fans.
But I’m sure that’ll all change when that collated feedback from surveys and the meeting with KT and Richo rolls in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We doing snide answers?

Because Tom Jonas is a sub standard month away from being an SANFL stalwart

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We doing snide answers?

Who do you actually want?

”Anyone but Jonas” is a valid answer.

We doing snide answers?

- Jonas has absolutely got the best out of his talent. Shows determination and will to improve himself. Cant say the same for Hartlett.

- Jonas has made 2 AA squads at AFL level. Hartlett at no stage would have been in the top 150-200 players in the AFL.

- Jonas is prepared to work hard for the team on a wide range of opponents, and not just demand to play the easiest spot on the ground because he cant handle it anymore

- Jonas didnt request to be traded, Hamish did.

I’d have Hamish behind Taj Schofield and Lachie Jones on my captaincy list and they havent even been drafted yet.

Its laughable that people can complain so hard about our under achievement and how everyone should be sacked, but then in the same breathe get upset because the key under achiever on a talent/output ratio isnt made captain after 1 1/4 decent seasons in 10 years

Jonas has acted like a complete ******* idiot this past 12 months. The s**t he has said in the media was dismissive of supporters, arrogant and tone deaf. He's a ******* moron.

That said, we are very slim pickings for other options here. It's a turd sandwich or giant douche.

Can't wait for Koch to speak to the media and be like "we listened, buy my book and or listen to my podcast"

Who do you actually want?

”Anyone but Jonas” is a valid answer.
I’m shitty with Wines right now but if he confirmed he wants to stay at Port and did a captainly thing like get the players to agree not to do high-risk off field s**t in the offseason as part of refocusing on what is needed to achieve success, I’d be right on board

Lycett would’ve been easy and non-offensive

Houston and a couple guys as VCs like DBJ/Clurey and Ryan Burton (or some other combo of them) would be a bold statement of intent for the team’s future and I’d back the s**t out of it

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas has acted like a complete ******* idiot this past 12 months. The s**t he has said in the media was dismissive of supporters, arrogant and tone deaf. He's a ******* moron.

That said, we are very slim pickings for other options here.

Can't wait for Koch to speak to the media and be like "we listened, buy my book and or listen to my podcast"
I wanted Lycett and Houston as C and VC.

Literally the only reason was because they had run-ins with the decision making of the coaches.

- Jonas has absolutely got the best out of his talent. Shows determination and will to improve himself. Cant say the same for Hartlett.

- Jonas has made 2 AA squads at AFL level. Hartlett at no stage would have been in the top 150-200 players in the AFL.

- Jonas is prepared to work hard for the team on a wide range of opponents, and not just demand to play the easiest spot on the ground because he cant handle it anymore

- Jonas didnt request to be traded, Hamish did.

I’d have Hamish behind Taj Schofield and Lachie Jones on my captaincy list and they havent even been drafted yet.

Its laughable that people can complain so hard about our under achievement and how everyone should be sacked, but then in the same breathe get upset because the key under achiever on a talent/output ratio isnt made captain after 1 1/4 decent seasons in 10 years
It seems neither Jonas nor Hartlett are great options for captaincy

Shocking

Isn't this a bit of rewriting history though Macca? On both counts.

Hamish wanted to go elsewhere, we accepted his request to test the waters, he didnt like what was out there then signed on again. He then came back and said he didnt want to play midfield anymore like a ******* sook, then had one of his worst seasons playing in a position that he demanded to play in.

But nah nice tatts and he kicked a nice goal once, lets make him capn

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Succession plan to Schoey? Poor little Kenny Wenny can't even be told to do a course or take advice from a coach who has taken 3 players to No 1 in the WORLD and is son of Port Adelaide royalty. Clown deliberately snubs Schoey in the box like a 12 year old school girl. Would be fun to watch though.
Schofield would be better off not coming in to work if he was expected to learn from keen

Why is the chairman announcing a decision like club captaincy? Is it because Hinkley is being locked away because so many other supporters are like me in feeling physically sick when I see or hear him? Or is it because Hinkley has cracked a tantrum because the plan he wanted didn't work which was exactly what every single person would have told him repeatedly when he made it?

On Ollie as a potential Captain, other than a good interview after his first game where BT said he should be a future Captain what has he actually done to ever demonstrate leadership. I know I can't comment on what happens around the club but it seems like the only reason guys like him and Jonas are in this position is because we don't have any other options. What better way to pick a leader than a unanimous "well, I'll guess you'll do"

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In a perfect world I want a captain who is an A grader, can inspire & set standards we actually don't have anyone in that mould with Boak & Gray out of the running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back