Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Main headquarters will be the Melb branch
Wingard - Vic team
Polec - Vic team
Trengove - Vic team
Impey - Vic team
TLA management misdirection tactics. Fleece Port of the quality players for Vic based teams. And the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. I smell a team TLA/VIC Clubs scandal

C4 is usually right but this is all speculation so I'll preface my comments with a big IF
Ollie had a good 1st and 2nd year and was a high draft pick when we got him. Over the last 3-4 years the guy has next to no value to anyone who watches football. His value is that he was a high draft pick and has big legs. The fact our dumb ass coach fell for this shouldn't suggest other teams recruiting/coaching groups are going to believe it.

If he wanted to come to Port how much would you be seriously be happy to give up for a bloke who injures himself one preseason then post photos doing the same activity again the next year. The guy is listed as the second worst disposal efficiency for any midfielder across the league
If we get a pick in the high teens we have done well in any trade. He doesn't have the tools to ever be an A grade afl player and has shown he definately doesn't have the ticker.
If he is really going the only reason to play him is to minimise the amount we need to pay out of his contract for some other team to agree to trade for him.
in the old Port Adelaide a guy who wanted out would never have been in consideration for Captain or any leadership position. He certainly would have been found out before being made our highest payed player or co Captain or vice Captain or co Captain in private or whatever this joke of a club wants to call it.. This story about Ollie wanting out is basically the epitome of all things Hinkley
It's a sorry place to be in when our crap coach can't even hold onto his golden child

Last edited:

T

Can’t see how making our squad younger will help us. There comes a time when you actually have to try to win without hiding behind developing youth.
Maybe we shoud stop hiding behind something we’re not doing and actually do it then.

If Ollie leaves it’s a pretty good bargaining chip to help land an A grade talent.
Totally agree, an A grade talent in the draft, because trading for an A Grade 25yo non-KPF would be a waste given the rest of our list.

There is another player, who I wont name yet, whose kicking is rat shite as well, and misses a lot of players. Hint he is over 25. And most of you would be surprised who that is.
Boak or Jonas. Leaning towards Boak only because Jonas does a lot of dinky little safe kicks.

Wines has been in the system for long enough for other clubs to work out he is a one trick pony who couldn't hit the side of a barn from 20 metres away and I suspect his true value will be no better than a mid 2nd rounder or a direct swap for an average player.

He’s gone, and I for one am happy about it.
I had massive hopes for him and he can be a very good player, but he doesn’t seem to care much about Ports and hasn’t put the effort in to make him worth keeping when someone is willingto pay a good price for him.
Good player, won’t be great for us, costs too much, time to cash in.

if it means we get someone like Hately in return I’ll be buzzing!!

I hope ollie has a good year for him and the side but if he goes end of next year though not that fussed we have replacements he is still contracted and it would be a mininum 1st rounder at least.

He’s gone, and I for one am happy about it.
I had massive hopes for him and he can be a very good player, but he doesn’t seem to care much about Ports and hasn’t put the effort in to make him worth keeping when someone is willingto pay a good price for him.
Good player, won’t be great for us, costs too much, time to cash in.

if it means we get someone like Hately in return I’ll be buzzing!!
Hately, Caldwell, Petty, SPS, Parfitt would be worth chasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder Ollie has trimmed down...
Wines has trimmed down because he was wakeboarding with his father before xmas and after struggling to pull him out of the water his father shook his head and said "you're going to need a bigger boat".

If a team wants him they can produce Hately + a 1st round pick.

our midfield with drew hately Houston rozee duursma becomes pretty well balanced.

So he is a massively underperforming player who is worth Hately and a first-round draft pick.

Drew has done very little to prove he could be a Wines replacement. Neither for that matter has SPP who also may or may not be here at season's end.

Go ahead and knock Wines or get rid of him. Up to the trade period last year, he was an extremely loyal player who got the highest rate of pay offered to him as any sane being would. He has been our highest performing clearance mid since just about day one but everyone seems certain we have the players to cover him, especially if we can get the as yet unproven Lukoscious who at this stage could either be the next Jack Watts or Buddy Franklin, and who after one season has already signed a contract extension until the end of 2022.

Few people seem to be thinking of team balance as it is entirely possible if Wines is traded we will be back to where we were in the early Hinkley years screaming for more inside clearance mids. Our best clearance mids are over 30. The others that would fill Wines role are either very inconsistent or barely embryos in their football career.

Personally I wouldn't blame Wines for wanting to go. Everybody is entitled to one *up in their career and he has had his. Given what he has done for the club and the flak he is now receiving I'd be looking to go elsewhere as well.

Y’all idiots? Make it look like we want him to stay or we will get peanuts back

batmanvsupermandawnofjustice.jpg

Need to treat him like this so he produces his best on field, and we get a good return at the trade period. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back