Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t imagine how heavily jabbed up he’s going to be. I thought the last bit of news was that he had pain changing direction and decelerating?

that’s incredibly debilitating. Tough to play a full tempo game and then recover for another game the following week.

I can’t imagine how heavily jabbed up he’s going to be. I thought the last bit of news was that he had pain changing direction and decelerating?

that’s incredibly debilitating. Tough to play a full tempo game and then recover for another game the following week.
He did say that his knee was not bone on bone yet.

Bit of a back track from Walsh today on the injury update - about 2/3 weeks before he can do full unrestricted training. My bet will be 3 - 4 weeks until he will play a scratch match and he will probably play two before he is available for AFL selection. Best case is 4-5 weeks before AFL selection.

How is his pace looking? My biggest concern for Langers, as much as I like him, is if he's lost his pace he has lost one of his major weapons.
Langdon's p-o-d from someone like Shaz for mine is his ability to be quick of mark and get to, and impact multiple contest. Without it I see them as pretty similar as good readers of the ball in flight and solid hands, and while Langdon is more attacking with the ball Shaz plays it safer, and neither are big enough to play as pure KPD's.

Not saying either of them are necessarily bad, but what gives Langdon an edge on Shaz is his speed.

Bit of a back track from Walsh today on the injury update - about 2/3 weeks before he can do full unrestricted training. My bet will be 3 - 4 weeks until he will play a scratch match and he will probably play two before he is available for AFL selection. Best case is 4-5 weeks before AFL selection.

I'd be happy just to see him pushing for selection sometime this year. If he actually plays, that will be a bonus.

If he gets back at all its a major win for both the boy and the medicos at the club. Will be a very gutsy effort to play with this condition and yeah the jabs will be necessary.

(Hope he doesn't react like McGuane did when they jabbed him out at Vicci Park and Mick couldn't feel either of his feet!!)

This might be the year where the gap in fitness might not be as big as in previous years for players missing big chunks of footy.

If he gets back at all its a major win for both the boy and the medicos at the club. Will be a very gutsy effort to play with this condition and yeah the jabs will be necessary.

(Hope he doesn't react like McGuane did when they jabbed him out at Vicci Park and Mick couldn't feel either of his feet!!)
I was there that day and it was hilarious. We won the game too.

Mick was my favourite player at the time and I had the #34 on my jumper... was rather perplexed at HT at the ground that day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was against Adelaide too. I remember early in the game when we realised something was wrong we were panicking because he was such a key player.

...(Hope he doesn't react like McGuane did when they jabbed him out at Vicci Park and Mick couldn't feel either of his feet!!)

Part of a long line of foot problems to dog the club...

Swanny had a Lisfranc fracture

Shaz had sesamoiditis

Fas had a navicular stress fracture

Now poor Beamer can't even see his feet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back