Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

4tone said:
Toovey mark 2 Absolutely hate it when he sulks when beaten, loses focus head goes down while the game is rolling, his decision making is horrendous at times, disposal by both foot and hand is dodgy when under pressure. Apart from that will probably play around 120 games or so, before supporters absolutely turn on him and is forced out of team at the better judgement of the coaches. Actually wouldn't mind the club cashing in on some perceived value he might have.

So another 80 games or so before the coaches catch up with you?

No Hopefully 2 games, This is guy is no good, with this sort of player both in skill and lack of desire, the pies will go nowhere fast. Finally Buckley has grown balls and called as it is. Langdon has had a back seat ride for a while now.

Got too far ahead if himself and hasnt worked hard enough. He's lucky his only viable placement is Toovey because he needs time in the VFL.

langon like most of the team is out of form. coming back from injury and missing a lot of pre-season can
hurt you a lot regaining touch. couple games in the two would properly help him alot

Wow, that's surprising... would be interested to see the transcript.

He didnt say it in those terms but was pretty blunt. But he never said anything about him "not being up to it".... as if he has written off his entire career....that would be a nonsense.....but I do expect he will be dropped this week.

Think now with Oxley, Sinclair and Ramsay set in defence, Langdon needs to find himself a position on the wing to deserve his position in the side. He did look ok against Richmond at times on the wing and just needs to learn the position to contribute to the team. Scored a good goal and has an attacking side to his game and can compete in the air. Wasted in VFL if he is dropped.

Think now with Oxley, Sinclair and Ramsay set in defence, Langdon needs to find himself a position on the wing to deserve his position in the side. He did look ok against Richmond at times on the wing and just needs to learn the position to contribute to the team. Scored a good goal and has an attacking side to his game and can compete in the air. Wasted in VFL if he is dropped.
He's wasted in the AFL at the moment. You don't just "find" a spot for him, he's a defender if he isn't playing well enough to get a game in defence then he plays in the reserves.

I think Langdon could be useful as a wingman.

While his decision making is average and reaction time is a bit meh, his actual disposal when NOT under pressure is better than most on our list. Wing would be a good fit for him. There's less pressure on disposal and he doesn't have to worry about minding a man.

Langdon was far from our worst tonight. Sure he has a lot of work to do but he is nowhere near as bad as Frost.

Frost really is an atrocious footballer.

I actually suspect Frost is believing in his own hype. "He's really fast for a backman" they've been saying since day one.

No...no he isn't. I reckon that's why he plays 10 metres off his man. He actually thinks he IS fast and can close the gap on his opponent. Except he's not fast and he keeps getting destroyed.

He's barely even decent depth at this point. Would much rather have Marsh in the side. Who, you know, actually IS quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's wasted in the AFL at the moment. You don't just "find" a spot for him, he's a defender if he isn't playing well enough to get a game in defence then he plays in the reserves.

So norrow minded. Just cause he comes into the team as a defender does mean always a defender. Reid a prime example of benefits of positional change.

He is not in great form and i have never been a great fan, but to pigeonhole him at this stage in his relatively short career is stupid.

So norrow minded. Just cause he comes into the team as a defender does mean always a defender. Reid a prime example of benefits of positional change.

He is not in great form and i have never been a great fan, but to pigeonhole him at this stage in his relatively short career is stupid.
He's slow, a terrible kick and a below average decision maker. Having him on the wing would be disastrous imo.

Langdon should not be playing on the wing or up forward.
When in form he plays as a medium defender, who can take his man 1-1, and be the guy who covers space and takes those intercept marks/becomes 3rd man at a contest.

The issue is he's not doing that right now, and Buck's was clear about that. It's either that he's just not up to it (I don't think so) or he's not performing right now (more likely) - either due to effort/form or a combination of the two.

Our back 6 structure next game will determine whether he plays IMO.
If we go with 3 talls again (either with Frost or Marsh - preferably Marsh who is more versatile in that 3rd tall role) then Langdon's spot is replacable. You can have either Reid or Marsh/Frost playing a bit more of a roaming role, and in fact may well be better off with your other 3 defenders being quick smalls.

But if we go with only 2 talls - then a 3rd guy who can play that med-sized role is a necessity, and Langdon would be my first choice for that. (Goldsack might be another).

He's a bit meh for me at the moment, you wouldn't think he was good enough to be in a premiership-winning best 22. Needs to improve to hold his spot IMO. I think he can but I'm not sure he will.

I think Langdon could be useful as a wingman.

While his decision making is average and reaction time is a bit meh, his actual disposal when NOT under pressure is better than most on our list. Wing would be a good fit for him. There's less pressure on disposal and he doesn't have to worry about minding a man.
Far Far too slow for a wingman

Looks like a young kid that has played over 40 games in 2 years.

Fantastic effort to come into this system and play to the capacity that he has for as long as he has, nearly all young kids go through slumps of some level and if he needs to go back to VFL for a while then so be it, but he will be a champion of the club by the time his career is done.

He is a 3rd year player, who finished 6th in our b&f in his second season. He has had 2 average games where our team in general haven' been great, I think they will give him another couple before dropping him. Until their is someone banging on the door in VFL give him a chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back