Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd be close. I did look at that one. Certainly circumstances are comparable. What you thinking?
I’m thinking if he’s going to leave I want to get the best possible return! ;)

When one of our players has gone to visit another AFL teams facilities and completed a medical would you really want them to stay?? I get that we delayed his contract and he clearly isnt feeling the love but FFS we had some pretty big changes in our recruitment structure, you'd think someone that was passionate about the club would be committed regardless of the wait, particularly after his injury issues over the years in which weve stuck by him and after a GF loss.... Stuff him.

It's a commercial world, not a romantic one.

Another way to flip this would be that the club prioritized Moore over his signing when Langdon was a key part of the team that came close to a flag. How many defenders are currently running around with actual proof that they can perform in finals?

His manager probably sent him to Sydney for the medical given that the club's offer most likely underwhelmed.

This is the process, and it doesn't mean that Langdon isn't loyal or that he will leave.

I’m thinking if he’s going to leave I want to get the best possible return! ;)

pick 20 do it for you?

I am open to it if we can either package it and get May or couple them together and push higher into the draft order.

Our back half without he and May is;

B Goldsack - Moore - Appleby
HB Crisp - Howe - Maynard

That also leaves Aish, Dunn, Scharenberg, Murphy and possibly a Reid, Quaynor, Kelly, Mayne and even a draft selection like Sam Collins or Marty Hore.

pick 20 do it for you?

I am open to it if we can either package it and get May or couple them together and push higher into the draft order.
I hear the phrase “do it for” me and I think of a response much more intense than the one I associate with pick 20.

The reality is, we use pick 20, we select someone we hope, in a few years time, will be what Langdon is now.

I do think pick 20 is about what we can expect though.

He's under-rated, but if we get at least a pick in the 20s, considering he was a pick 65, we're in front IMO.

Still hoping he stays

The bloke is 20. The ban is four years now, not two.

Minimum is still 2 years. We won't know for sure how long he's going to miss until that decision is handed down. More than likely will be 4 years though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this in the trade thread, but relevant here.

Well it is pretty clear that Collingwood is trying to do something with Sydney. First it was Moore, he re-signed and now Langdon.
Logic would say that this is part of the plan to land May. Dew is ex Sydney, knows the players and probably has his eye on one or two to help his young list. So we package Landgon to Sydney, player X to Suns with our first rounder (this year or next as we have issues Qaynoor and Will Kelly) and May to Pies.

I would be happy with that. Landon is a good player but May is more important as its easier to replace a flanker than a KPP.
Totally agree with you, reckon Pies have shopped Langers to Swannies all in the bigger picture to land May.

Bidding war def helps us. I reckon it is Freo.

He is great mates with his brother and they are currently on holiday together.

Think you'll find the ban hasn't been handed down yet.

4 years is the maximum. Sure hope he doesn't get it. I think he and his legal team have a good chance of arguing it down to two.

What do you base that on? Would there have to be some sort of extenuating circumstances. I can't really think of anything that would water down his penalty to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back