Player Sponsorship Tom Ledger Sponsorship 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Come now - lets not consider our sponsorship as the kiss of death. In choosing the players we have, we have deliberately opted not to take a marquee player - partly because of the higher cost and partly because we wanted to sponsor a player who may have missed out on sponsorship otherwise.

It turns out that the Tom Ledger sponsorship initially fulfilled these precepts, those who attended functions were happy with his interaction and we stuck to our choice.

The problem I see is this: Tom Ledger ended up having 5 sponsors while several other players had none.

I would have preferred to have sponsored someone else and become the sole sponsor for that player. That way fewer players miss out on a sponsorship.

I personally think the club could have given us more information so that we could have made a decision armed with the latest status of player sponsorships, maybe they could have even suggested who would be a good choice to avoid such a situation that one fringe player gets 5 sponsors and 5 other fringe players get none.

Seb Ross, Trent Dennis-Lane, Dylan Roberton, Spencer White, Sam Fisher, Brodie Murdoch, Terry Milera, Beau Maister, Cameron Shenton and Jordan Staley didn't have sponsors this year.

Seb Ross, Trent Dennis-Lane, Dylan Roberton, Spencer White, Sam Fisher, Brodie Murdoch, Terry Milera, Beau Maister, Cameron Shenton and Jordan Staley didn't have sponsors this year.

Yes they did. Every player had at least one sponsor.

So the season has finished and no-one got around to recognising the sponsors? Not sure which scenario is worse (players not sponsored or sponsors not recognised).

Unfortunately the whole experience of sponsoring was appalling this year. So disorganized. Know quite few that have already told them they won't be renewing next year.

Shaun, I want to give the club feedback letting them know where they have fallen short. I want the club to improve and I think we need to help them. They will need more money next year and further into the future and instead of increasing their revenue lines they are losing them. Please find out what you can and feed it back to the club.

Shaun, I want to give the club feedback letting them know where they have fallen short. I want the club to improve and I think we need to help them. They will need more money next year and further into the future and instead of increasing their revenue lines they are losing them. Please find out what you can and feed it back to the club.

Yea ive already emailed them my thoughts on it all. Hopefully they listen and try implement changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They ought to just watch what Hawthorn do. I live in Scotland, and bought a Hawks jumper as a present for a friend. They now send me a very professional postcard booklet with loads of info on memberships, merchandise, sponsorships etc and provide ways/benefits to do so from a distance.
If they are serious about increasing revenue, including in NZ, they need to look at what is already working at the successful clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back