Recommitted Tom Liberatore [re-signed] and Mitch Wallis [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Confused by people saying ‘you won’t get a 1st round’

Compo is decided by the length and size of the contract, not what you rate the player if he were on the trade table.

Brisbane would need to pay significant overs (contract wise) for him to consider moving, so it’s certainly a chance.

In saying that I’m confident he is staying
Will be band 2. I am very confident if that.

Another leaving the dogs. When father sons are walking out there has to be a problem at the club.

I know you are fishing but aside from the being a father son he wasn’t getting a consistent run for a raft of reasons, and when he did he didn’t fit into our main mid rotation.

Would you expect someone to stay with a club and play lots of second tier footy just because their dad played there too?

I know you are fishing but aside from the being a father son he wasn’t getting a consistent run for a raft of reasons, and when he did he didn’t fit into our main mid rotation.

Would you expect someone to stay with a club and play lots of second tier footy just because their dad played there too?
He played 18 games this year. How many do you have to play to get a regular run?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter what any dogs fan says - you’re still going to disagree, troll and try dig the knee in. We may as well not say much champ.
Of course I am going to disagree. The facts are clear as day. Playing 18 of 22 games is getting a regular run.

He a actually played 18 of the last 20 games after missing the 1st two weeks.

Of course I am going to disagree. The facts are clear as day. Playing 18 of 22 games is getting a regular run.

He a actually played 18 of the last 20 games after missing the 1st two weeks.

No the whole “there’s problems down at the dogs”.

Won’t band 2 and 3 only be a couple of picks different? Probably not too much to get worried about

Band 2 is during the first round. The last pick in first round is worth more than the first pick of the second round due to the restrictions about trading future draft picks. Massive difference in trade value and also club perceived value.

IF Lions are confident of getting Wallis, then it will be Band 2, if not, likely to have the offer matched. Dogs have heaps of cap space, no issue in matching the contract offer. IF he is then traded, maybe Wallis, Pick 7 for Pick 4 + Lions 3/4th round picks OR whatever late picks that are worth points that won't be used by lions.

Band 2 is during the first round. The last pick in first round is worth more than the first pick of the second round due to the restrictions about trading future draft picks. Massive difference in trade value and also club perceived value.

IF Lions are confident of getting Wallis, then it will be Band 2, if not, likely to have the offer matched. Dogs have heaps of cap space, no issue in matching the contract offer. IF he is then traded, maybe Wallis, Pick 7 for Pick 4 + Lions 3/4th round picks OR whatever late picks that are worth points that won't be used by lions.

End of first round. Not classified quite the same

I very much doubt that Brisbane would look to trade if the dogs decided to match, we'll need our capital elsewhere. Then I guess it's a choice for Wallis to stay at the dogs or enter the draft if he really wanted to leave. If its all about dollars then you'd think he'd just stay in that case.

GEdYDYm.png

Relax because Wallis will re-sign? Relax because he's not that big a loss and you'll get adequate compensation? Relax because it will help to get Wingard? Just relax?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back