Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Only got the one year extension last year so contract is up again; playing fantastically as an inside mid so might get a look at by teams needing some grunt.

Why did you make this thread?

I mean, a Bulldogs supporter of all things after a win like that. :huh:

Word is he wouldn't even speak to other clubs last year. I think he'd retire if the dogs didn't want him. Which we absolutely do.

Word from who?
Not sure what above source is, but the way Libba Snr has spoken about it, Tom is 100% committed to the Dogs, to the point that saying "he'd retire if the dogs didn't want him" may not be extreme hyperbole.

Doesn't matter anyway, he will almost certainly re-sign before the season ends given that he's arguably in the best form of anyone on our list

We are the worst centre clearance team so I’d be for it only issue is he lacks pace
He's not slow. One sided absolutely but not slow.

His season PB for clearances per game is 8.32, currently is on 8.67

Cripps (8.81 in 2016) and Fyfe (8.65 in 2015) are the only players to perform at this level in the last 20 years, out of players who actually played the majority of a season. Seems to really be back at his best which surely generates a lot of outside interest. I'd think he re-signs before the season is over

Irrelevant, but it's kinda funny how wallace was the highly touted, ball magnet clearance king as a junior, who would be early first rounder and Libba was always second to him...

Wallace has never got close to Libba at afl level even with all the injuries Tom has had.

Irrelevant, but it's kinda funny how wallace was the highly touted, ball magnet clearance king as a junior, who would be early first rounder and Libba was always second to him...

Wallace has never got close to Libba at afl level even with all the injuries Tom has had.

They've never been able to play well in the same side; case in point being when Libba did his knee in 2014 and Wallis was posting fantastic numbers as an inside mid as a negating player. You just couldn't play both until Wallis developed his forward craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like one of libba or Dunkley will go from the dogs. Probably Dunkley though cos of libbas strong ties to the club
It's difficult fitting both in the team, but I'm more worried about having Libba, Dunkley AND Wallis in the same side. There's no doubt in my mind that we trade our midfield depth this year

It's difficult fitting both in the team, but I'm more worried about having Libba, Dunkley AND Wallis in the same side. There's no doubt in my mind that we trade our midfield depth this year
Well Wallis is in the leadership group and just signed last year so he is going nowhere leaves the 2 uncontracted lads to probably duke it out for 1 spot

Well Wallis is in the leadership group and just signed last year so he is going nowhere leaves the 2 uncontracted lads to probably duke it out for 1 spot
Yeah it's really hard to call what happens end of year.

It's more likely than not that it comes down to Dunkley/Libba, which is understandable. As you said, Wallis is in the leadership group (and many in the team seem to speak of him like another captain) and is actually a pretty decent medium high forward when played in that position, so at least he has other roles to take on. Dunkley is either a brilliant inside mid, or a terrible forward whose only attributes are marking and forward pressure (with no kick). Both Dunkley and Libba would be hot property, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Libba extend before the end of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back