Tom Lynch’s cowardly act deserves a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a fine, but also there should be a pretty stern warning/shaming put out, so that he's in the spotlight for it/made an example of. Terrible look, after a really impressive game. Different if they were scuffling or he's being held off the ball, but he's just rubbing his face into the turf - not a good look

intentional, low impact, high = 1 week.

do i think it deserves a week, no BUT thats the guide lines.

Which can you say it isnt? intentional yep defiantly, low impact yep, high yep. = 1 week

i didnt take into big Vic club discount though
Look, I know Essendon moved out of Victoria temporarily, but is it permanent now? It'd be great getting this discount you mentioned, how does one apply?

Tom Lynch is a dog of a bloke. Deserves weeks minimum
You can't be suspended for being a dog of a bloke though, or the game would have a lot more AFL players out

The lack of medical attention is why it would be graded as low impact but it is still intentional and high contact in my view which is 1 week according to their matrix
Insufficient source can mitigate and override that though, which is probably the argument here if he doesn't get suspended.

lets just remember that this got nothing and was far worse

View attachment 927897

That's a comparative and yes if that didn't get a week then as a precedent this one certainly shouldn't.

Its not an act we want to see in the game though, so perhaps over the off-season they could tweak the rules.

I reckon this is worth a week. Totally unnecessary and pretty gutless attack on a defenceless player. Too much of this happening lately. Match Review Officer needs to come down hard. Low act by Lynch. Real potential to cause concussion.

Surprise Surprise it is you, really is this what you’ve come to? Better wait for next Pies misdemeanour, judging from Bucks Sanderson etc it won’t take long before you put your foot in your mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t wait to see Carowhine Wilson’s input, on this, on the next Footy Classified.

She blasted Carlisle for grazing Rampe’s gloved hand; the same hand which spend the entire night impacting into the ground, punching the ball, and punching Max King’s ribs.

Forcefully shoving the head of a player, completely unaware, whilst behind the play, is far worse than that. Witherden’s neck was at, basically, full extension - there needed to be a not inconsiderable amount of force to push his head down like that. If he wasn’t propped up on his arms, his head would’ve slammed into the turf.

Surprise Surprise it is you, really is this what you’ve come to? Better wait for next Pies misdemeanour, judging from Bucks Sanderson etc it won’t take long before you put your foot in your mouth.
Well, well, well! If it isn’t Adam H, master troll, just crawled out from under his rock. Better late than ever I suppose.

Tom Lynch v Adam Treloar, I wonder which one is happy with his club of choice. By the way AT has to stop throwing and butchering the ball.

Should've been a free ump was looking right at it. Not sure its worth any more than that.

Head is sacrosanct, but sure, lets let players just slap each other in the head instead. Dont want to be Netball, do we?
Youre letting your emotions because it was one of your players get you. Its a poor, unnecessary, bad looking act but based on other precedents and the current consideration of insufficient force it wouldn't warrant a suspension under the current rules. That could/should potentially be changed for 2021.

Tom Lynch v Adam Treloar, I wonder which one is happy with his club of choice. By the way AT has to stop throwing and butchering the ball.
Seems super relevant to the topic at hand

Remove this Banner Ad

Back