Universal Love Tom Lynch appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Otten was excellent as a midfielder in the SANFL too, but he never looked like it at AFL level. Lynch is the wrong size for it and not nearly quick enough.

He is, however, the perfect combination for a flanker. Tall enough but not so tall as to hamper him, excellent tank, knows where the ball is and makes smart decisions.

Otten was excellent as a midfielder in the SANFL too, but he never looked like it at AFL level. Lynch is the wrong size for it and not nearly quick enough.

He is, however, the perfect combination for a flanker. Tall enough but not so tall as to hamper him, excellent tank, knows where the ball is and makes smart decisions.

I hear what you are saying Stabby, and while there are some similarities between Otten and Lynch, there are also differences. Firstly, I really do rate Otten as a forward. He has good mobility and agility there and has shown he can take a good mark (even contested mark). Spots are pretty hard to come by there atm however.

Even though touted as a mid at times, I don't see Otten as someone running up and down the ground in the same way Lynch does, nor would his run and carry be anywhere that of Lynch's IMO. Lynch really does find space and attacks it like a raging bull. He has really grown on me in recent times and I must admit it took a little while but I have come to really rate him. I see Otten as more of a third tall and Lynch as you say a flanker, but he could easily play wing without any trouble (I know that is also a flank). I would also be interested to see how he would go having the odd spurt in the middle once his tank has been built up again. He certainly has a lot of tools. Physical presence, pace (yes, its pretty good), attack, skills.

If Danger is elite and Walker potentially so, I would have Smith and Lynch on the next rung, probably along with Sloane who is just heart and soul that enables him to play above his quite considerable talent (which includes tank, courage, mark and skills/reflex/decision making).

We need players who take a lot of marks from half back to half fwd, otherwise we end up just kicking to 50/50 contests on the wings. Lynch does that, walker too. I underestimated how important Lynch was.

Looked a bit rusty with his kicking but still managed to win a fair bit of it.

Hope this hard working ranga stays injury free. We look better with him in the side.

Some say he's a key forward and some he's a midfielder. Stop halfway between those things and you'll find exactly what he is - a flanker.

Yeah, but we don't have flankers anymore. You need to be a mid or a KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch on the couch on Monday night? Their indepth review of the Saints? They were all defending Lyon about not playing kids, well thanks for Tom Lynch guys!

I watched a repeat of it on tuesday.

It was a stupid setup, they were basically asking stkilda people whether or not they screwed up by not playing the kids for five years. Clearly they were always going to defend themselves

Lynch is a royal screw up for them, he would be a potential future captain for them. They have such a huge hole on their list

Oh the lust by Jangofett transformed and spreaded to Bobafett

He was BOG until he went down. Making a statement to the coach about being dropped the week before.

Fox sports saying he has tingling in his fingers. for anyone with a spinal injury to their neck, they'll know that he has at the very least squeezed c5 and c6 against the nerve. should be out awhile until they work out the damage. Lots of pretty nurses who run MRI and cat scan machines for ten goal tommy.

He was BOG until he went down. Making a statement to the coach about being dropped the week before.

Fox sports saying he has tingling in his fingers. for anyone with a spinal injury to their neck, they'll know that he has at the very least squeezed c5 and c6 against the nerve. should be out awhile until they work out the damage. Lots of pretty nurses who run MRI and cat scan machines for ten goal tommy.
I had a tall handsome mri technician that got my wife all excited, and then i had a male doctors fingers in my bum. Spinal injuries arent all glitz and glamour like they make it out on tv

Lynch isn't going anywhere :D

How is a twitter statement inserted into a post? I attempted to copy and paste from the other thread, but it didn't work

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back