Opinion Tom Lynch/Did we dodge a bullet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

joff

Premium Platinum
Jan 3, 2011
oz
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would like to know other pies fans opinions on Lynch he's not doin to well at the tigers, would he be playing better if he had come to us, is his poor form because of the Tigers injuries or is he just not as good as all the hype suggested

I suspect we'll never know. I'm of the belief that they let him come back too soon for a big man. Probably should've trained for a few weeks and possibly even a game or two in the VFL first. Possibly paying for it now.

He's probably due for a rest, too, which isn't possible with Riewoldt out. Hence he'll be thankful for the bye!

He'd be playing a different role at our footy club as well... a much more defined one. Think De Goey when he's forward. At Richmond he's just constantly one out, often without the crumbers they used to rave about.

Watching him last night he just looked so dejected. I guess that's what happens when you're down by ten goals.

Very very good player.

Unsure his settling in period.

Simply wound he be better for us than Ben Reid?

Answer Yes.

Very very good player.

Unsure his settling in period.

Simply wound he be better for us than Ben Reid?

Answer Yes.
I liked him at the Sun's and was happy to have him at the pies would've taken a fair slice of our salary cap though and made it hard to keep some of our young guns

No way we dodged a bullet, can never have too much quality on your list. Easily would be in our side ahead of Reid. Don’t think we would of been able to fit Beams into salary cap either.

Would like to know other pies fans opinions on Lynch he's not doin to well at the tigers, would he be playing better if he had come to us, is his poor form because of the Tigers injuries or is he just not as good as all the hype suggested

The guy is a champion. He's struggling because of his knee but that will probably come good at some point.

What bullet? The real key forward finally bullet? The relatively reliable set shot bullet? Please explain because I want to make sure I dont use these bullets fighting the pony menace.

At the price tag he came at I think we dodged a bullet.

Might have been difficult to hang on to DeGoey, Moore and Grundy with a million dollar Lynch contract on the books. All three players I value higher than lynch btw.

Good player though who’s struggling coming back from injury. He should turn it around. But if he doesn’t, then we’ve dodged a massive bullet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The salary cap bullet, duh!

He’s a good player. Is he worth losing other good players for because you can’t pay their salary? I dunno, ask Sydney fans about Buddy.

I’d prefer we avoided Lynch at the salary demand, avoided Beams at the trade price, and packaged up our 2019 and 2020 firsts for Carltank’s 2020 first like Adelaide did. Getting those super early picks makes a huge difference, look at the contribution of De Goey and Stephenson to our attack.

The salary cap bullet, duh!

He’s a good player. Is he worth losing other good players for because you can’t pay their salary? I dunno, ask Sydney fans about Buddy.

I’d prefer we avoided Lynch at the salary demand, avoided Beams at the trade price, and packaged up our 2019 and 2020 firsts for Carltank’s 2020 first like Adelaide did. Getting those super early picks makes a huge difference, look at the contribution of De Goey and Stephenson to our attack.

Though we seen to happily trade our 1st Round Picks for Players instead of Using them in the Draft

He is doing what he does. Will kick 50+ for the year.

The long term issue is his knee. Maybe it is worse than anyone knew. He has to 2nd ruck to give them a chance but they wont or can't play him there.

Richmond have been worked out. They have a very small group of elite players, maybe 2 or 3 in their team now. Then a team of role players. A novelty game plan is only good for a short time. See bulldogs.

A player coming off limited pre season, limited week to week training AND playing without the GUN forward he was supposed to be "complimenting" (so He's constantly being double teamed like Clokey used to be) and he's still kicked 26 or so goals already???
He's a gun himself and he'll be a gun for the Tiggies when Jack gets back and as much as Pies supporters don't want to acknowledge that, sorry folks....no bullet dodged. Big forwards still are vital in the modern game.

A player coming off limited pre season, limited week to week training AND playing without the GUN forward he was supposed to be "complimenting" (so He's constantly being double teamed like Clokey used to be) and he's still kicked 26 or so goals already???
He's a gun himself and he'll be a gun for the Tiggies when Jack gets back and as much as Pies supporters don't want to acknowledge that, sorry folks....no bullet dodged. Big forwards still are vital in the modern game.

Tigers won the Flag with only 1 KPF and Dogs not really had one.

Not all teams have a Big Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back