MRP / Trib. Tom Lynch eye gouge on Adam Saad

Remove this Banner Ad

Somewhere between 4-6 weeks he should get, but because Richmond are the pets of the MRP/Tribunal, that sniper will likely only get 1 or 2 weeks.
If you calm down about the loss and put your club bias aside, think about it more logically.
In real time that they are both chasing a loose ball, which Lynch gathers, and then runs off, and his entire focus at all times is on the loose ball.
He is a big clumsy man, and not the most dexterous, but I don't think accidently pokes in the eye are work 4-6 weeks. That's clearly just carryover rage from the loss.

If you calm down about the loss and put your club bias aside, think about it more logically.
In real time that they are both chasing a loose ball, which Lynch gathers, and then runs off, and his entire focus at all times is on the loose ball.
He is a big clumsy man, and not the most dexterous, but I don't think accidently pokes in the eye are work 4-6 weeks. That's clearly just carryover rage from the loss.

Yeah I probably went off a bit half-cocked

Still think it's worth a week or two, but it seems this was a massive overreaction from me.

This definitely looks intentional. The umpire did nothing. This type of acts should be reviewed and players sent off (like NRL) to the sin bin, or sent of for the rest of the match.
Fining a player 12-14K teaches them nothing. Tom Lynch is known for his dog acts like this. IMO for this act which could have left saad blinded in one eye, he should not be able to play for rest of season. AFL need to step up and make an example out of him for this act. What is this telling our kids, its OK to gauge the eyes of your opposition, BS!!!
The umpires give a free kick for shoulder taps, and this clearly if reviewed by video can be seen as a deliberate act. I am going to write to the AFL re this incident and see what response I get.

Also, the goal that was reviewed that went the wrong way for Carlton, should have been reviewed from different angles. The angle should to us last night, does not give enough evidence that it was touched. Such a crucial point in the match and it should have been reviewed again and again, and if not definitive which it wasn't it should have been a goal. Tigers are bad sportman's and cheats IMO....and the umpires look like they favour the tigers anyway. (so many wrong decisions last night against Carlton and in favour of Tigers)..
Joins today and makes first post really shortly after the thread is created to support the OP's exact position.

1655437459370.png

There's no need to make duplicate accounts Elmer_Judd

This definitely looks intentional. The umpire did nothing. This type of acts should be reviewed and players sent off (like NRL) to the sin bin, or sent of for the rest of the match.
Fining a player 12-14K teaches them nothing. Tom Lynch is known for his dog acts like this. IMO for this act which could have left saad blinded in one eye, he should not be able to play for rest of season. AFL need to step up and make an example out of him for this act. What is this telling our kids, its OK to gauge the eyes of your opposition, BS!!!
The umpires give a free kick for shoulder taps, and this clearly if reviewed by video can be seen as a deliberate act. I am going to write to the AFL re this incident and see what response I get.

Also, the goal that was reviewed that went the wrong way for Carlton, should have been reviewed from different angles. The angle should to us last night, does not give enough evidence that it was touched. Such a crucial point in the match and it should have been reviewed again and again, and if not definitive which it wasn't it should have been a goal. Tigers are bad sportman's and cheats IMO....and the umpires look like they favour the tigers anyway. (so many wrong decisions last night against Carlton and in favour of Tigers)..
imagine creating an alt account to support your own thread because you're getting smashed by everyone including your own supporter base.

You joined BF just to post on this thread. You really really need a life. You have no idea about the game. Jog on!
You don't honestly believe that do you ?

Still think it's worth a week or two, but it seems this was a massive overreaction from me.
Explain your point rationally on how you think its worth anything? It was *en clearly accidental. Even in the 'slow-mo' you see Lynch looking at the *en ball. You're a pelican.

LOL, i love how the footy public cry about the death of the game due to over the top free kicks, 50's etc.

Then someone accidently gets poked on the eye and the public start screaming for blood, retribution & for them to get suspended/cancelled.

The "accountability at any cost" era is by the worst, ever. I think the world actually might have been a better place when we just swept sins under the carpet:joycat:

Ha, I see you joined today, based on the quality of your first post I am sure you will gain the respect of all football followers very quickly. A pretty pathetic attempt to stir the pot mate.

Lost my likes for a week but I just wanted you to know how much I love this post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redhead Karen GIF by moodman

This thread.

Somewhere between 4-6 weeks he should get, but because Richmond are the pets of the MRP/Tribunal, that sniper will likely only get 1 or 2 weeks.

If you watch it in slow motion, it looks pretty cut and dry in my opinion.

Look I think maybe been a bit hasty in my OP for the severity of the punishment for Lynch, but it still was a very reckless and negligent act from Lynch, I can accept the argument he probably didn't mean to do it, but it was still a very bad look and shouldn't go unpunished

Me personally, I think Saad is actually at fault here and should be suspended for trying break Tom's thumb (or if he wasn't accurate, who's to say he wasn't trying to bite it but missed).

If you watch the footage closely, Saad actually grabs Lynch's jumper first, and deliberately pulls him closer, knowing full well Tom would be reaching for the ball and therefore increasing the force of contact to Tom's thumb. He knows Carlton were undermanned in the back half and Tom's biggest threat against them was his marking ability. Can't do that with a busted thumb.

A deliberate attempt by Saad to cause serious damage to an opposing player is atrocious, I think it should be sent directly to the tribunal and he would be looking a 5 weeks minimum, but possibility of a 10 week suspension. Dirty player!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is champagne performance art whoever is behind this - bravo.

Bad sportsmen, oh the irony.

Love your work.

#brownpaperbags

Should have been a free kick for high contact though. Took Saad out of the play where he was in the best position to gather the ball. Instead Tigers got an easy goal because of it.

Should have been a free kick for high contact though. Took Saad out of the play where he was in the best position to gather the ball. Instead Tigers got an easy goal because of it.
Lynch miffed the kicked straight to a free Carlton player. He s**t the bed and fumbled. Its your own fault you conceded the goal, dont blame the umps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back