MRP / Trib. Tom Lynch eye gouge on Adam Saad

Lynch miffed the kicked straight to a free Carlton player. He s**t the bed and fumbled. Its your own fault you conceded the goal, dont blame the umps.

I'm sorry, where was I wrong about the high contact not being paid?

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
they are absolute serious , Tom knocked
Saad to the ground ground , from behind , and repeatedly raked his fingers over his eyes
Saad never returned to the ground
and is having surgery today
of course its worth 6 weeks
133F91BF-D74B-43A5-A4FC-48F76B26C1CD.jpeg

and got fat

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
This definitely looks intentional. The umpire did nothing. This type of acts should be reviewed and players sent off (like NRL) to the sin bin, or sent of for the rest of the match.
Fining a player 12-14K teaches them nothing. Tom Lynch is known for his dog acts like this. IMO for this act which could have left saad blinded in one eye, he should not be able to play for rest of season. AFL need to step up and make an example out of him for this act. What is this telling our kids, its OK to gauge the eyes of your opposition, BS!!!
The umpires give a free kick for shoulder taps, and this clearly if reviewed by video can be seen as a deliberate act. I am going to write to the AFL re this incident and see what response I get.

Also, the goal that was reviewed that went the wrong way for Carlton, should have been reviewed from different angles. The angle should to us last night, does not give enough evidence that it was touched. Such a crucial point in the match and it should have been reviewed again and again, and if not definitive which it wasn't it should have been a goal. Tigers are bad sportman's and cheats IMO....and the umpires look like they favour the tigers anyway. (so many wrong decisions last night against Carlton and in favour of Tigers)..

Did you know the Nathan Broad has ‘magical spirit fingers’ that he can wiggle back and forth in unison as a ball passes his hand…. no, it was nothing to do with the ball hitting his thumb to cause his fingers to wobble… he decided it would be a really cool thing in the heat of a high pressure game of footy to wiggle his fingers when trying to spoil the ball, as that’s a totally natural thing to think about doing.

Nathan ‘spirit fingers’ Broad they call him. If you look closely for the rest of the season you will see him wiggle his fingers just as the ball passes his hand - he’s really talented and magical 🧙‍♀️.

And let me know what response you get from the AFL in relation to Lynch’s eye gauge. But just a tip … don’t stand by the letter box for too long …

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Lmfao what the *

Should've been a free kick for incidental/accidental head high contact, that's it. Quite clearly an accident. Absolutely ridiculous to suggest he did it deliberately.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
they are absolute serious , Tom knocked
Saad to the ground ground , from behind , and repeatedly raked his fingers over his eyes
Saad never returned to the ground
and is having surgery today
of course its worth 6 weeks
Hahahahahahaha this is post of the year, deserves 100 reactions

I can hear the comedic timing of your delivery based on how you've written this too. Incredible.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm sorry, where was I wrong about the high contact not being paid?
And if people want any more proof of the game being cooked, here it is.

Just like the suits at the AFL, mods high on authority on forums want all contact taken out of the game. An innocuous finger brushes another player and it should be a free kick? Some AFL fans don't even know what game is anymore.

No wonder the AFL has turned into the Australian Freekick League.

And if people want any more proof of the game being cooked, here it is.

Just like the suits at the AFL, mods high on authority on forums want all contact taken out of the game. An innocuous finger brushes another player and it should be a free kick? Some AFL fans don't even know what game is anymore.

No wonder the AFL has turned into the Australian Freekick League.

An innocuous finger brushes ....

I'm fine with most contact, but this contact was in the eye and took the player out of the play. Would you really have felt ripped off if that was paid? Do you get upset when someone hits someone in the head going for a spoil and gives away a free?

Seems to me you're the one full of hyperbole.

Should have been a free kick for high contact though. Took Saad out of the play where he was in the best position to gather the ball. Instead Tigers got an easy goal because of it.
What’s evident clear is without umpire assistance you guys are nowhere against us. You needed those 8 50’s in the first game to get anywhere near the tiges. You guys got a goal when Broad got taken out with front on contact and no free kick. So i guess we’re even now.

Lmfao what the *

Should've been a free kick for incidental/accidental head high contact, that's it. Quite clearly an accident. Absolutely ridiculous to suggest he did it deliberately.
No, no, no, we train for it. And also we are elite finger wigglers (as evidenced by Broad). There’s no depths we won’t go to to win a game of footy.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
What’s evident clear is without umpire assistance you guys are nowhere against us. You needed those 8 50’s in the first game to get anywhere near the tiges. You guys got a goal when Broad got taken out with front on contact and no free kick. So i guess we’re even now.
It was 9 one was a double

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
No, no, no, we train for it. And also we are elite finger wigglers (as evidenced by Broad). There’s no depths we won’t go to to win a game of footy.
The elite finger waggling is actually twinkling , learnt from prep school when singing

and twinkling your fingers

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Elmer has probably never played football and has no idea.

Actually I played junior/teenage footy for 5 years as a kid before switching to basketball.

I'll admit (once again) i overreacted, Saad is one of my favourite players at Carlton and Lynch has built up a reputation of being a sniper who has done some fairly distasteful acts on field over the years, so I was probably wrong in hindsight but I felt at the time I had a legitimate grievance.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Amazing thread. I thought lynch must've gouged him during the melee when I saw the thread. Nope, he's talking about the accidental poke in the eye :$

Probably best to get off the internet for a bit buddy.

I don't believe it was as accidentally as you or most others think, but meh, regardless,enjoy your victory against a Carlton VFL team.

We were rubbish for most of the game last night, a true premiership contender like Freo or Brisbane or Geelong would have buried us by 10 goals on that performance by us.

Just don't get carried away with the win, you won't beat the teams I mentioned if you play like that.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't believe it was as accidentally as you or most others think, but meh, regardless,enjoy your victory against a Carlton VFL team.

We were rubbish for most of the game last night, a true premiership contender like Freo or Brisbane or Geelong would have buried us by 10 goals on that performance by us.

Just don't get carried away with the win, you won't beat the teams I mentioned if you play like that.
Cool story.

a true premiership contender like Freo or Brisbane or Geelong would have buried us by 10 goals on that performance by us.
Yeah I was amazed the margin was only a few kicks. I thought we were going to get a shellacking.

Back